1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where is the best place to find Gen 2 Prius valuations + headlight question?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by priuslyfe, Aug 18, 2022.

1. priuslyfe

priuslyfe Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Just wanted to know the best place to find out the value of my Prius. I've looked at KBB and ebay but I was wondering if there are any more prius-specific sites or methods My Prius is a 2008 base with 250K miles.

Also on my current Prius the headlights never burn out but my old prius the headlights seemingly would need to be replaced every 6 weeks or sometimes even sooner. is there a reason for that?

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Check out craigslist prices for used Prius prices on the West Coast of US in all 4 major cities. You'll be astonished how high the prices are right now. So much so you could drive out here and make so much extra selling your Prius that it'd pay for the cost of the whole trip/vacation.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    depends on the type of headlights

4. highmilesgarage

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    look for small used cars shops in your area (internet or lot) and check what they're selling for, subtract $1,000 since this is their minimum markup (profit) and this will be your initial price (sometimes they mark it up to $2,000+ if the car is really clean) I sold several of my cars to small used cars dealers and flippers and was surprised how much profit they make. My last transaction was on 200k+ miles jeep, sold it to a guy for $2,300 and he re-sold it initially for $4,500 without doing anything (never cleaned it, replaced the tires or replaced the ac compressor pulley) last price I saw posted before it's gone was $3,800.

If you have halogen bulbs did you use gloves when replacing them, oil on your fingers while handling them can cause an early demise of the bulb. HIDs on Prius are known to be problematic, I just replaced mine with LEDs.

priuslyfe likes this.
  5. priuslyfe

priuslyfe Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring

thanks for the advice.

yeah I wear gloves but my bulbs still have a short life.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    check the voltage at the bulb sockets

priuslyfe likes this.