1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where is the HV control module p3107-214

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by phinzor, Mar 30, 2018.

1. phinzor

phinzor New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    2010 prius iv non plug in. Im getting a check hybrid system warning that wont go away. The code im getting is
    DTC P3107-214 airbag ecu communication circuit malfunction
    Ive read over the pdf for diagnosing it but Im having problems locating the hv control module. Ive had the whole wiring harness out of the car so there is a good chance I broke something. Heres a picture of my prius as it sits now

Attached Files:

2012 Prius v wagon 3 likes this.
  2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Whoa! Does @billtheengineer know about that project?

If you're in the wiring diagram viewer, you can click Location and Routing and get a pretty good idea where the various goodies are. A lot of the ECUs (not all of them) are slotted into the big plastic ECU motel behind the glove boxes. I think the one you're looking for is one of those, but I haven't had my nose in the drawings lately.

-Chap

3. phinzor

phinzor New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    yes i posted once in bill's thread. I only have a pdf copy of the repair manual and the links dont work. i see all the boxes under the dash but i dont know which one is the HV ECU.

P3107- 214 Airbag ECU Communication Circuit Malfunction - Wire harness or connector - Airbag sensor assembly - Power management control ECU Comes on -

4. Bawe Rolland

Bawe Rolland New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Same problems with y eah with me