1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where is the lock/unlock beep module?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by possumcar, Jun 3, 2022.

1. possumcar

possumcar New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Used the search feature and it didn’t help. On my last car (2013 Subaru Legacy) the lock/unlock feature was always announced by a loud honking of the horn. It was so loud and embarrassing every time I went to leave for work at 4:30 am. I located and removed the offending part, a small module with two wires going to it, located behind the wheel well.

Now, I have had my Prius since 2017 and the lock/unlock beeps are a little less annoying than the Subarus. Where is the module that makes noise, when locking and unlocking the car? I’m going to tear it out. The noise pollution today is unbearable, especially when leaving for work at odd hours in a quiet neighborhood.

now I know there’s probably some way for the dealer to deactivate this or a combination of buttons I can press like some kind of secret code. I don’t want to do those, I want the piece that makes the noise removed. Any help locating this piece would help greatly as the entire English internet was zero help.

thanks in advance.

2. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You can do it with techstream. Ad there are a few other phone programs
    that will do it also.

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Under the driver side fender.

Turning it off via OBD sounds more convenient.

4. possumcar

possumcar New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks, I was out there today beeping it. It almost sounds like it’s under the dash. Sounds like it’s way up under there. I’ll go out now and peel back the fender well and see if I can see it. Thanks.

5. CR94

CR94 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You can not only turn it off via OBD, port but also adjust the volume, and whether you want the parking lights to blink or not when you lock or unlock.

That information is in the owner's manual---along with a list of other reprogrammable options regarding lights, warnings, etc..

possumcar likes this.
  6. hoffeck

hoffeck Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I would like to have the lock/unlock beep but here in Europe it can not activate. Have already tried this with Techstream.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.