1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where is the search function on this forum?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Charliedog, May 3, 2017.

1. Charliedog

Charliedog Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Soon-to-be 2017 Prius C owner here with a question: Where is the search function on this forum? I have been reading the owner's manual, and the explanation for using the ECO mode is not very helpful. All the other owners' forums I'm on have a search function for threads on a certain topic. Doesn't this forum have a search function? TIA

2. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Top right corner, white box, "search" in faint, and small magnifying glass! Good luck! Welcome to PriusChat!!

Raytheeagle likes this.
  3. Charliedog

Charliedog Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Senior moment there. Thanks for the quick reply.

4. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    If you right click on the Search Box, there is a more detailed search function.

5. JimboPalmer

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    The ECO button slows the accelerator function compared to pedal travel. It also uses the A/C more frugally.

There is an ECO light showing you when the computers think you are driving efficiently. it is unrelated to the button.

6. Charliedog

Charliedog Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Yes, yes, I read what the owner's manual says about ECO mode, it doesn't say when to use it or when not to use it or does it reset to off when the vehicle is turned off, or how much is gained in mpg when using it, etc.. I just didn't see the search box in the upper ight corner-guess I had scrolled down enough it was hidden.

7. JimboPalmer

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    ECO does not save gas. if you tend to have a lead foot, it will help you save gas buy not reacting to changes in the pedal. (If you use Cruise control, this will have no effect)

If you already have a feather touch on the gas pedal, ECO will not help. Some folks prefer PWR which makes the gas pedal jumpier.

ECO may also reduce A/C usage, but that depends on how much you use A/C. (It is mandatory in MS) It is hard to give advice as you chose not to give any location information.