1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where oh where do YOU see the Prii?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by patrickindallas, Mar 13, 2007.

1. allargon

allargon Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I see them all the time around Austin. I'm glad I bought a touring--otherwise I couldn't tell the difference between my car and others without sounding the alarm at Fry's and Whole Foods (Prius central!). I haven't seen too many in the parking lots of Cabelas or other hunting stores. I do plan on taking mine down to South Texas next season and surprising the good ole boys down there by showing them that yes my hatch can handle an eight point buck with no worries. (Only kidding--I have zero desire to have my pree fumigated for fleas/ticks afterwards.)

The city of Austin even has a fleet of classic prees. The classics are more rare. However, I see plenty of them. Occasionally, I see a few Honda insights (usually silver).

2. patrickindallas

patrickindallas Shire rat

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well.

On Monday I went the LSU vs. WVU NCAAW tournament game.

From Dallas to Austin (and back), I only saw one Prius. (7 hours on the road) :huh:

These people just don't know what they're missing! ;)

3. MacDude

MacDude Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Informal count around the Infinite Loop (Apple HQ)

72 - 2004-2007 models (only 4 Touring)
    3 - 2001-2003 models
    4 - Civic Hybrids (I may have missed some of these, I wasn't really looking for them)

I didn't look for Camry or Highlander or Escape hybrids either.

Some interesting other cars too. 2 Ferraris, Lotus Elise, new Aston Martin, Pantera, etc.

Mind you, there are a bunch of other Apple buildings around here too and it was around 4 PM, so it's not very scientific.

4. bhaynnes

bhaynnes Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cairo94507 @ Mar 13 2007, 07:06 AM) [snapback]404795[/snapback]</div>
    Man, you sure got that right. If you stop at a stop light in the bay area, you are more likely than not to see at least one other prius sitting at one of the stops. I've often seen 3 or even more.

5. clintd555

clintd555 New Member

I see at least 4 every day here in Alabama. I think that's a lot given this is Alabama.

6. MarkMN

MarkMN New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    There are only a few places I see Prii in the Twin Cities. I see about five a day around the University of Minnesota campus where I work/school, and that is just within the total of 15 minutes I am outside of my office/lab hole in the ground; however, I wonder how many of those are University vehicles (I know the U has a small posse of them). I also see one everyday from the bus in the StarTribune parking lot on the way to work/school. I see a few everytime I go to the Science Museum in St. Paul. And the City of Minneapolis has a few first generations in its city fleet that I see downtown from time to time. Outside of those areas, it is just a rare sighting here and there. Worst, I have only seen one black Prius like my own here in the last two months (on campus of course).

7. mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    They're all over the place in Sacramento (I live in Elk Grove, and work Downtown), you can't go 5 (maybe even 2) minutes without seeing one.
    When I went to see Radiohead in Berkeley last June you wouldn't believe how many were there. I'm not even kidding, it really looked like 50% of them were driving Prii. At one point I saw 4 parallel parked beside each other...almost made me not want to buy one :p too many pot smoking hippies in that city.

8. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) Hi patrickindallas

When I bought my '04 Prius in October 2004, it was VERY RARE to see another one in Dallas except at the Dallas Prius Meetup Group once a month. Traded for my 2007 Touring Edition last November.

I see Prius on the streets, generally one, two or three in a day. I have seen as many as three parked at breakfast at Cindy's on North Central Expwy, and four parked on the St.Andrew Methodist Church parking lot on Monday evenings at the Plano Civic Chorus rehearsal.