1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where to buy air vent trim pieces?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PointCounterPt, Feb 15, 2022.

1. PointCounterPt

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just installed a new Pioneer Anaydroid Auto head unit in my 2005 Prius, but I cracked 3 of the air vent trim pieces in the process because they're old and brittle as my car has never been garaged.

I've called a few salvage yards in my area but haven't found anything yet. I've found some on ebay but they don't have all of them, except for used sets of 4 that seem very over priced.

Does anyone know of any places that I could check–places that might ship out of area?

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You're looking in all the right places for them... Also most soldering guns have an adapter tip for melting plastic, so if you want to save some money and develop a new skill you could melt some new tabs on your old ones, which may or may not work depending on how good of a job you do.

3. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Hello L--- ! Hope you're doing great !!!

PointCounterPt was my very first out of state battery replacement, (back in early 2017?). How is everything holding up?

Which 3 do you need? I'm pretty sure I have some of each laying around, including the hard to find center one with the shift handle hole. Is the address the same? I could have them on the way in a day or two. Probably would be in a "Chewy" box.

Additionally, as far as I know, this is the only one available in the aftermarket, and it's very competitively priced. I haven't tried it yet, so I'm not sure how well it fits.

#3 TMR-JWAP, Feb 15, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
  4. SRQ

SRQ Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I had a similar situation; I ended up snagging what I needed from a salvage yard after I started checking their inventory daily. My replacements were kind of weird because there was a gap, but that might have had something to do with me being impatient dealing with the trim.