1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where to buy just front end of plus ground effects kit?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Michael325, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Michael325

Michael325 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So I just scraped my driver side lip and it's not sitting on right anymore. Wondering if anyone knew where I could purchase just the one driver side lip? Or would I have to purchase the whole set? Thanks. image.jpg

Touch up paint could be another option but I heard it's tough getting a match on bp.

2. HaroldW

HaroldW Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Take it to a body shop and they will repair it. It is a aftermarket part is it not. H

3. Michael325

Michael325 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for the feedback Harold. But I contacted the dealer today and he said they can order me the one piece for $159 not painted. Says id have to go to a body shop? I don't understand when I first ordered it from them the whole thing came painted all seven pieces. Even eBay has them painted. I'm confused, is he mistaken?

4. Grren4ever

Grren4ever Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    He is probably mistaken as I recall they sell only painted pieces that come in black, silver, winter grey and white.

I am not sure you can easily remove that front lip...I've looked at the installation instructions for the entire body kit and that lip is attached with some heavy duty tape and rivets. Probably best to have a body shop take care of that minor damage.

However, with that being said, body shops here charge an arm and a leg. I scraped my sisters' bumper on her Honda fit and it looks like a little worse that that picture. Cost was 800$ to fix.!!!

Good luck.

5. Michael325

Michael325 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks, wondering how much the dealer would charge for an install now. There is a bolt/screw under that lip and it's completely broken off that's why I was trying to get a whole new one. I guess it's just the tape and the screw near the tire holding it up now.

6. HaroldW

HaroldW Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Just try and repair it with touch up first and see how satisfied you are with the job. If not happy ,then deal with it. You can always cover it with a decal or some vinyl ? H

7. Michael325

Michael325 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thank you guys, I'll touch it up until I can afford to get ripped off by my dealer lol.

8. Michael325

Michael325 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Think I just found it. Really good prices compared to the quotes I got. Hope this helps anyone else with the same issues!
    Toyota Parts Superstore