1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where to find a replacement trunk handle cover?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Gurgatation, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Gurgatation

Gurgatation Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Does anyone know where I can find the rubber cover for handle on the trunk of a 2007 Prius? I went to a Toyota dealership and it seems that cover is part of a whole $190 assembly so I couldn't buy it separately there. This is the handle cover right above the license plate that will open the trunk.

The reason I need to replace it is because somehow that handle has become extremely sticky. Attempts to wash it off with soap or goo gone have failed. Anytime I go to open my trunk, my fingers get covered in sticky black residue from the handle. I have no idea what caused this. The stickiness seems to have permeated the entire rubber handle portion.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  3. Gurgatation

Gurgatation Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    thanks! very helpful.... just unfortunately not what i was hoping for =(

4. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It is unfortunate that your year model was plagued by this problem, however if you replace the part as Patrick Wong suggested, you will find that the problem will go away.

It is not all Pri's that have this problem, only certain one's from the year model you own. The replacement part from Toyota will solve the problem once and for all.

Ron