1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where To Find Replacement Maps for the Flyaudio E7572NAVI?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by hybrideyes, Apr 2, 2012.

1. hybrideyes

hybrideyes New Member

Hello PriusChat! I haven't logged in since 2007, when I helped organize a group buy for the first fully-functional iPod adapter, and then wrote a popular guide for how to install it (http://priuschat.com/forums/knowled...7-how-install-vais-aic-100i-ipod-adapter.html). I've traded in my 2005 Prius for a 2011, and now I'm hoping to cash in on my PriusChat karma. :)

I installed a Flyaudio E7572NAVI, and everything's great except I'd like to replace the maps. There are countless references to doing this, and even instructions for how to install the files once you have them, but I can't figure out where to buy the maps in the first place. The two most popular replacements seem to be iGo and TomTom, but iGo says they don't support the Prius version of the Flyaudio, and I don't even see where TomTom sells standalone maps for third-party products.

I called Flyaudio's US number, but they said that that don't know which maps work and which don't, and the link above (which shows the iGo and TomTom logos) is on the China division's website and not theirs.

I'd imagine that many people are using illegal copies of the maps from filesharing sites. I'd like to purchase legal copies, but I don't even understand where the file sharers got the maps in the first place.

If anyone can help me locate these files, or recommend an even better map, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

2. rrg

rrg Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I also looked for a legal purchased copy but the reality is there is no option.
    I did find a place you can purchase maps for Igo at cargpsmap.com for $19.00.

3. prius2010II

prius2010II Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm almost 100% sure the maps being "sold" via the link provided by the PP are pirated maps.

https://www.naviextras.com/shop/portal let's you purchase upgraded igo maps for at least some flyaudio units. You might see if it accepts your unit, even though it doesn't appear in the drop down list. You might contact them.

There really doesn't seem to be a way to purchase legitimate maps for a unit which never supplied legitimate maps in the first place. Most people buying a generic china HU on ebay aren't willing to pay the extra $50-$100 it would cost to include a legitimate map.

4. hybrideyes

hybrideyes New Member

I did contact them, and they said their maps will only work for the two models they list. They could not explain why that would be.

Has anyone purchased a map from tomtom.com and successfully installed it on the Flyaudio?

5. prius2010II

prius2010II Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The OEM is responsible for making sure the software is configured to work with your HU. I suspect this is one of the reasons map software isn't generally sold directly to the customer. Probably not enough of a demand.

Some map software will only work with the SD card that comes with the unit. There a variety of numbers on the card which can be read but not altered the user. You have to copy the map upgrade to your original card.

If the map on your unit is legal you can contact that company and see if an upgrade is available.

Otherwise your choice is probably limited to a "pirate" copy via P2P or probably a bootleg copy purchased via ebay. I say probably because there is a (very slight) chance at least one of the sellers is selling an OEM product.

6. hybrideyes

hybrideyes New Member

I guess it didn't seem suspicious that Flyaudio said that I could get iGo or TomTom maps myself, since I figured this was a way to lower the cost of the unit by shifting the cost of better maps to me. Now I've come to learn that you can't actually buy the maps yourself either. I could update the crappy maps that come with it, but they'll just be updated crappy maps.

7. rrg

rrg Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If you go to this site iGo site (Map Updates and Extras | iGO My way) at this page it points you to
    https://www.naviextras.com/shop/portal

It does let you select maps for Flyaudio units E7517 and E7547.

"Naviextras.com is the official map and content update portal for GPS devices, smartphones and built-in car entertainment systems that run on iGO Navigation software".

So there are update maps for Fly but not for the newer version of 7572, yet.