1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where to find solutions to error codes

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Paul OByrne, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Paul OByrne

Paul OByrne Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Where can I find the suggested next steps to trouble shoot my problems. I have scanned the systems on my 2005 Prius and came up with the following error codes as my car failed to start after sitting idle for a few months:
    POAOF- Hybrid Control- engine failed to start
    P3190- (poor engine power)- and P3191 (engine failed to start)- both from Engine & ECT
    B1442- Air Conditioner
    B2775- Immobilizer- Interior verification (theft deterrent ECU, smart key ECU
    I guess I'm looking for a repair manual that provides this info. Where do I find one online for 2005 Prius
    Thanks

2. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Techinfo.toyota.com

bisco likes this.
  3. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    P0A0F- Hybrid Control- engine failed to start
    P3190 - Poor Engine Power
    P3191 - Engine does not Start

You probably want to focus on these three. There is nothing special about the Prius ICE in respect to these codes.

Follow the normal procedures for a no start – Fuel, compression, spark.

Look up the P3191 on Techinfo.toyota.com, as advised by Raytheeagle, and follow the troubleshooting decision tree it gives you.

One of the first things it will tell you is to check the 12 V battery for a good and stable 12 V power supply. Make sure your battery is good.

#3 dolj, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    Elektroingenieur and Raytheeagle like this.
  4. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    As @Raytheeagle kindly mentioned, techinfo.toyota.com is the official source.

If you’re looking for a no-cost option, your local public library may sponsor access to a service like ChiltonLibrary, ALLDATA, or AutoMate. Check their website for details; if you have a library card, it’s sometimes possible to access one of the services from home, for free.

ChiltonLibrary definitely has the text and illustrations from the Repair Manual for the 2005 Prius; I don’t know about the other services, but it might be worth a few minutes to see what’s available.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  5. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It is never a good idea to start two threads for the same problem. It makes it hard for all involved to follow.

I suggest all further comment be directed to the other thread here.

OP, pay particular attention to Chap's advice here, I meant to mention that too, but the thought slipped away during my post.

If you had system troubles that caused a duplicate, you should report both and ask they be combined.

#5 dolj, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018