1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where to plug in aftermarket sirius antenna.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by SunnyDay, May 21, 2016.

1. SunnyDay

SunnyDay Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hi.

I have a Prius IV. My antenna stinks. I've had other sirius radios, and I haven't had as many disconnects as I've had with this radio. I'm starting to wonder why I'm paying for this. So... I read through the forums. I read a thread about installing an aftermarket antenna to the car. I could have soldered it to the existing connector, but I went the easy way, and I just bought the adaptor. I started by installing the antenna on the roof, and I proceeded to tuck it away throughout my car, and I'm happy to say, I was able to get it through from the rear without taking out my daughter's carseat (I have small hands). I was proud of myself. I've never done this before. However, I got to the final step, and I cannot figure out WHERE it plugs in. I have the JBL with navigation. I am looking under the driver's seat. I see three connectors to a silver box, and none of them look like the square connector I have (the one that's similarly sized all the way to the left, has three prongs, so I'm thinking that's not right). I didn't take off the black plastic cover in the back (I haven't figured out how). I'm thinking it's either right near the center console and I can't see it, or it's under that black cover. Can someone tell me how to take off that cover if it's there. Or... send me a picture, with a big "hey dummy" arrow pointing to the port I need?

Thanks!

Dawn

2. trip1027

trip1027 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Black cover should just slip off to the rear

SM-N920V ?

3. SunnyDay

SunnyDay Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Unless it's stuck or something... I tried yanking on it, it doesn't budge. So it's under there? I figured out that the front silver box is for the jbl, but since I couldn't remove the back black plastic cover, I was hoping it wasn't there.

4. trip1027

trip1027 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    2 plastic clips on top u can see from the front then it comes out through rear

SM-N920V ?

5. SunnyDay

SunnyDay Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yep, those clips were hard to remove, and I had to do some weird contortions to get in the floor to get to them (my daughter's car seat is there, rear facing, so not a ton of room), but as soon as I got that off, there it was, clear as day.

iPad ?

6. SunnyDay

SunnyDay Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    What did anyone do with all the extra cabling that was left over?
    I coiled it, and secured it with twist ties, but it just went right back under the seat.

iPad ?