1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where to put hole in center console?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Wraiththe, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Wraiththe

Wraiththe Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    IV

I want to route a wire from the aux charger socket in the center console to the outside bottom next to the chair. I was hoping to get from inside to underneath it so I could just pull it out from under the bottom edge, but with out taking it all apart and without hitting any metal panels or wires. I have had no luck finding diagrams. Anyone have any links to disassembly videos or diagrams. 2010 Prius 3rd gen. 10 yr Anniv.

2. bobzchemist

bobzchemist Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    ???

Not a good description to go on, but for what I think you want to do, you should take out the transmission joystick/gear shifter first. Then you will have access to the inside of the console, which should make installation a lot easier. NOTE - if you disconnect the shifter wires, do NOT start the car until everything is completely reconnected, or you will throw codes.

Instructions for easy removal are in the first part of the instructions to install an electronic shifter.

Stage 10 Electronic Shifter available now | PriusChat

Stage 10 ESS for 2009-2015 Toyota Prius Installation Guide | Stage 10 Productions

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    To remove the shifter surround you pry at the left (driver's side edge). A broad bladed pry tool with plastic (or taped) edge works.

I've found all the info in the Repair Manual, but it's a royal pain digging it all up, it's all over the place. As @bobzchemist says: once you get that off it might be enough, or you can see better where to go from there.

If you're still stuck I might get in gear, try to collate some stuff.

4. gliderman

gliderman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Before I put in a DC-DC buck converter and wired in my own usb panel under the bridge on 2010, I drilled two holes next to each other to get the connector to pass through the bottom of the console under the armrest next to where the screws that hold down the console. Then I ran two usb cables to the console 12v with 12v usb adapter and the other end out the bottom of the bridge below where it meets the cup holder, then screwed the armrest console back down and put the pad over the wire in the console. Very clean.

5. bobzchemist

bobzchemist Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    That sounds intriguing. Pictures?