1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where to run ipod/aux cables out from behind dash?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Funk-O-Meter, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Funk-O-Meter

Funk-O-Meter Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So I decided to wait on a new head unit for now knowing that once I'd opened that can of worms I'd be going all in and doing speakers and probably a processor like the M8 as well.

So I just installed the iSimple ipod/aux unit and it's working pretty well but I need to make a decision about how to run my ipod cabling out from behind the dash. I use my iphone mounted to the windshield as a NAV unit and for Pandora/Spotify while traveling so it needs to come from the dash not the center console. I like the compartment below the factory HU but then I'd need to leave the flip down door open all the time. But I'm thinking that's inevitable no matter where I have it come out of.

Thoughs? Ideas?

2. tkuwaha

tkuwaha Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have my Ipod cable routed into the covered compartment under the radio. There is big enough gap between the door and the bin along the bottom side to fish the connector/cable out and close the door. The downside is you'd have to fish it back in to store inside the bin or have it dangling below the compartment when not in use.