1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where would you get a new Homelink button?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Freedom, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Freedom

Freedom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Cat button 001 (Small).JPG One of my Homelink buttons - the one I use all the time - has broken. I do have it. The bottom tab(s) have broken off. There are 2 tabs on the top.

Do I just order from the local Dealer, or do you have another source? I took a photo.

For now I am using the garage door remote. I live alone, and of course I have a rolling code door, so I have to set up the ladder, have the car in the right position and ready, press the training button and then run to the car and program. I will do both of the others.

I don't think just leaving this one slot open is a good idea, though. Thanks for ideas!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you could try a salvage yard i suppose.

3. CNYhybrid

CNYhybrid Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hmmm...why not program one of the other two buttons and just glue the broken one in place for cosmetic purposes?

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Don Shouse likes this.
  4. Freedom

Freedom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    CNYhybrid, looks like that is what I will have to do. No salvage yard around here has a 2008 Prius. And I stopped in at the Dealership, the button is not available alone, have to replace the entire rear view mirror -- $750 just for the part!

I did attempt to program one of the other buttons today. At this time, the button does not work, the remote no longer works, and the keypad on the garage wall no longer works. I've no clue what I did, but I did it good whatever it was! I was reading the car manual; guess now, I have to pull out the manual for the electric lifter. Liftmaster. Sigh. This is why I HATE having to do stuff, it never goes smoothly!

bisco likes this.
  5. CNYhybrid

CNYhybrid Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
  6. Freedom

Freedom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    ???? Seeing as how I am a female, I have no clue what you are talking about!

bisco likes this.
  7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    nothing on ebay?

8. Freedom

Freedom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks Bisco, I am all set. I got one other button programmed. I will just stick on the button which broke and fell off. I also got the touch pad and remote working again. I did try to program the third and final button on the Homelink, wasn't happening and decided to quite while I was ahead.