1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Which car to buy?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by maiki, Sep 29, 2021.

1. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    AWD is less efficient than 2WD, but you get better traction and cornering. Most that get it do so for poor weather. The Tesla also gets more power through different motors and a bigger battery. You can still take long trips with the SR, it just means more charging stops.

There are performance advantages to larger wheels, just something most drivers would notice. They do lower efficiency. Mostly by adding weight to the worst spot you can. Some markets required posted economy ratings for different sized factory wheels. The smaller Tesla wheels might also have have an aerodynamic advantage. Tesla's site used to a range calculator that included different wheel sizes.

maiki likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    maybe you could sell the wheels? anyways, good luck with your purchase, sounds like it's going to be fun!

maiki likes this.
  3. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Thanks @triggerhappy007 for posting one of them since I've forgotten where I noticed all the new Model 3 owners posts that I had little or no interest in. I also couldn't find old posts or youtube videos I'd seen that I was interested very interested in. I've since found clues connecting youtubes to new accounts and new models. but it want't easy.

maiki likes this.