1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Which color?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by freeHUG, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Harters

Harters Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    I have always loved white and my last 4 cars have been white and contrary to popular belief I find them very easy to keep clean.

In the UK we have the pearlescent white, but also Pure White which mine is. I prefer the flat white as it always look brilliant white whereas the pearlescent needs to be very clean to get the best from it.

I like the contrast between the black trim and the white too and get the chrome pack to add a little bit of pizzaz :D

IMG_2740.jpeg

#21 Harters, Aug 23, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
  2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Living in the northern climate, my choice has been always darker color. Anything that will absorb heat is good. Also with winter salt and spring mud, I like the color that does not require much maintenance to keep it clean (looking). Never had white or red cars. Mostly blue, gray, or silver. Oh, we did have a minivan in dark purple. My wife's choice. I like magnetic gray on my PRIME.
    upload_2020-8-23_9-47-24.png

#22 Salamander_King, Aug 23, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
  3. Dngrsone

Dngrsone Underwhelmed, to say the least

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I live in a desert, so black is a big no for me.

MY '16 is a pearlescent white, but I bought used, and that happened to be the color of the car I found. If I go new, I will still likely get a light color, because desert. With that said, I love blues in the cobalt spectrum, so I wouldn't turn that color down, Bob help me!

alanclarkeau likes this.
  4. NewHybridOwner

NewHybridOwner Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The first Prius I inquired about turned out to be Pearl-whatever-it-is, and I decided that that was a no-no for snow country. We had just had a darkish-blue car and decided that we wanted a change, so we settled for the dark grey.