1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Which JDM Astar LED Headlights for Gen3?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by snijd, Jan 4, 2017.

1. snijd

snijd DIY or die

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Having had wonderful results in our Gen2 car using the JDM G2 CSP H4 LEDs, I tried their H11 CSP "bulbs" in our Gen3, with disappointing results. They are poorly focused, and the overall brightness on the road is little, if any, better than the stock halogens. JDM suggests trying either their 7S bulbs or their "8th Generation" product. The 7S evidently has some kind of built-in lens, while their "8th gen" bulb permits rotating the chip, to adjust the aim point. They had no idea what works best in the Gen3 Prius, and said they have only conducted tests in Hondas.

Many reports have suggested these aftermarket units fall well short of factory LEDs, but the results in the Gen2 car are very good indeed. If I can achieve something similar in the Gen3 car, I'll be very pleased. Anyone have success with a plug-and-play solution?

2. Daryl K

Daryl K Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Did you never get a response? My 2012 finally burned out a bulb so I am considering LEDs. Currently favoring these bulbs.

3. waldox

waldox Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    bulbfacts com /led-kits/chart/projectors.html

looks like jdm astars 8th gen are junk, not bright at all

i would go with aukee (bright and cheap) or hikiri (super bright and cheap) both have good beam pattern