1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Which Michelin would you buy?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by eak354, Sep 10, 2006.

1. rudiger

rudiger Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theorist @ Oct 14 2006, 11:37 AM) [snapback]332743[/snapback]</div>
    What happens if the tires are not picked up within four weeks of being ordered? I'm guessing it's just a reservation, that the tires aren't actually paid for so you just lose your tires and the reserved price?

This sounds like a good deal but I'd like to wait and put a few more miles on the grungy OEM tires before I spend the money for new tires.

2. koa

koa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rudiger @ Jan 11 2007, 10:31 AM) [snapback]374298[/snapback]</div>
    Check with your local Costco. Costco here made me take possession of the tires and store them until I was ready to put them on, then took the receipt and tires back when I was ready. If I remember correctly, it was about 6 months later. BTW watch what you store the tires on, I had them laying down on an oak floor and they left a black permanent stain/ring.

Edit: You will have to purchase and take possession of the tires when they come in if you want the discount or just not accept them and wait till the next sale.

3. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I had a scary hydroplaning incident the first month I had my Prius, so did a bit of research and decided to go with the Michelin Harmony. It has a nice quiet ride, is a bit softer than the Integrity (I like that too), and appears to be wearing quite well.

For winter I run studded Goodyear Nordic tires on steel wheels.

4. theorist

theorist Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rudiger @ Jan 11 2007, 03:31 PM) [snapback]374298[/snapback]</div>
    Costco has their sale going again till Feb 4.

Each tire center seems to operate differently. This year I was billed when they reached the tire center and they said they'll hold on to them indefinitely. (I'm still waiting for winter weather around Boston.) Last year, another Costco tire center received the tires and then returned or sold them after 30 days without calling or billing me.

5. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    hydroedge- there are many fans here

one of michelin highest rated tires- had them on my last car and gave away the stock tires to put them on the spaceship prius!

6. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    After wearing out TWO sets of Goodyear Integrities (in less than 52K miles) I thought, "forget it". Hydroedge (costco $60 off per set) have a 90K mile warranty. How can you go wrong with that!?!