1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Which model you wish Toyota make a hybrid version?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dnoh, Apr 24, 2007.

1. koa

koa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hilux truck (not avalable in US) or the Tacoma.

2. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, I was just gonna say.. I want a 200 MPG box truck. I don't
    give a rats nice person about neck-snapping acceleration, just the ability
    to haul lots of stuff [or not, if it's just me and a backpack] in
    the most efficient manner more or less regardless of load size.
    _H*

3. Screaming Red

Screaming Red Two Pri Wannabe

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priussoris @ Apr 24 2007, 05:00 PM) [snapback]429276[/snapback]</div>

'Soris, you jumped my response. We're hoping there's a hybrid/ or plugin motorhome someday. The newer ones have solar panels on the roof to recharge the batteries. :) A Pri towed would be worrisome with the wimpy paint finish they have.

4. nyprius2007

nyprius2007 New Member

would love to defiately see a hybrid sienna that gets 40+ mpg, and a sporty two door hybrid sports car.
    I love my prius and would definately by a hybrid mini-van for the wife. Two kids in a camry LE is starting to get a bit cramped..

5. dnoh

dnoh New Member

BTW, we also need a hybrid that cost much less than current Prius. Maybe some where between 15k to 20k depend on the options you get. Very small size but it has something like 70+MPG. If this kind of car comes out, I will get the second car for my daily drive. 80 Miles per day for commute, Prius is nice but it's just too nice for get abused like this. My car deserve better, hehe.

6. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prius The First @ Apr 24 2007, 07:34 PM) [snapback]429371[/snapback]</div>
    Definately, if there was a Hybrid Rav4 that had a nav option for like $32k, we'd trade the Prius for one yesterday. The Highlander Hybrid is just too expensive and the Escape/Mariner is too crappy.

7. PriusDreamer

PriusDreamer Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hybrid SiennaHybrid SiennaHybrid SiennaHybrid SiennaHybrid SiennaHybrid Sienna

PLEEEEESE

8. chinito77

chinito77 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I want a Toyota Supra Hybrid.

I hear their is a new Supra on the horizon. I've had two supras in the past. A sports car hybrid would be neat. I've seen an article on a electric sports car that was pretty fast. Can't remember the name but I'd buy a Supra Hybrid either way.

9. TheJoelster

TheJoelster New Member

Well there are a few. First off I know they haven't made the Celica's in a few years in turn of the Scion brand, but bringing those back into a hybrid would be a nice idea. My girlfriend has a 02 Celica and it runs great, nice car.

As for current line of cars, I would love to see the Rav 4 go hybrid. As others have said the Highlanders are nice but pricey. A Rav4 would compete with the escape and may make for the best SUV alternative.

10. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I definitely second the hybrid RAV4. Ever since I joined the Foreign Service last year I started thinking about what would constitute a true "world car," not in the sense in which that expression is usually used, but in terms of a car that would be suitable for anywhere in the world. Being in the Foreign Service I am liable to move from one part of the world to another every couple of years of so. I'm currently in West-Africa and hopefully by this fall I will find out where I will move for my next assignment starting in early 2009.

A "world car" would need to have 4 Wheel Drive and relatively high ground clearance to make it through what sometimes passes for roads here in Africa (particularly during the rainy season), small enough to make it through the narrow streets of Europe and not to seem outlandish there, and able to be serviced anywhere, which disqualifies just about any brand other than Toyota. For the time being, however, a hybrid would be out, since I seriously doubt I would be able to find a qualified technician here in Cotonou to service a hybrid. Given all of these requirements a 4WD RAV4 pretty much fits the bill.

- Bill

11. Darken

Darken Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SW03ES @ Apr 25 2007, 11:40 AM) [snapback]429787[/snapback]</div>
    I have to admit this is a good idea too, I owned a '99 and '01 (don't care for the new 'redesign') but I guess its not a realistic possibility at this point as I doubt the market will call for two SUV hybrids from the same manufacturer anytime soon.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusDreamer @ Apr 25 2007, 11:45 AM) [snapback]429790[/snapback]</div>
    Sign the Petition and hang on as this has to be a likely candidate down the road...(hope so our '05 Sienna is a guzzler that even then Prius can't make up for!)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darken @ Apr 24 2007, 04:25 PM) [snapback]429243[/snapback]</div>
    I should have added this potential picture to add imagry. I think this would be a sweet hybrid

Attached Files:

12. AJMasterson

AJMasterson New Member

13. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I would an IS Lexus hybrid with all the trimmings but built for fuel efficiency.

14. Tom6850

Tom6850 Retired

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I would also like to see a Tacoma or a PU of the 80's Tacoma size as they were quite a bit smaller. I would like 4WD. I do not tear up the countryside, but we do get snow and I like to get back into the back country for hunting and fishing plus the hauling abilities. I had a 86 Tacoma 4 banger, what a great truck, I wish I still had it.

15. M. Oiseau

M. Oiseau 6sigma this

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    4wd RAV4h is what we're waiting for. Wanted it two years ago. Maybe it'll come out within the next two.

16. M. Oiseau

M. Oiseau 6sigma this

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Will take delivery 1st week of June our 2019 RAV4h XLE. That took awhile.

psymon100 and bisco like this.
  17. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    wow, congrats, and nice follow up! you are a very patient person!(y)

18. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I actually like the new 2019 Rav4 Hybrid. Its faster than the non-hybrid version and gets 10 more miles per gallon than the non hybrid.