1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Which models do I have? Can I swap accessories between models?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by plastic423, Jan 26, 2020.

1. plastic423

plastic423 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I'm sure this is addressed in the forum somewhere, but I cannot find it. My beloved 2008 prius finally died at 250k miles due to a spark plug insulator breaking and falling into the cylinder. I literally had zero issues with the car ever. I loved it so much that I bought a 2009 prius of the same blue color with only 60k miles. The 2008 was a mid level and the 2009 must be a base model, it's missing the backup camera, smart key, auxiliary audio input, etc.
    Question 1: how can I determine which models I have (2,3,4,etc.)?
    Question 2: can I transfer some of the options from the 2008 to the 2009 base model?

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!

Run the VIN at http://toyota.com/owners - there you can find what options the vehicle shipped with.

Raytheeagle and PriusCamper like this.
  3. plastic423

plastic423 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I Imputed both cars on there with the VIN, they both come up with the model: STD
    They are very different models, I looked in several places on the Toyota site to see if I could find a list of accessories that came up different between the 2 cars and they all come up with the same thing. maybe I am looking in the wrong place on the site.

ydpplqbd likes this.
  4. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  5. plastic423

plastic423 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    That worked..... I think. There was an option to download the full specification list, I attached the .pdf files for each. Its odd, there are more things listed on the 2009 model than the 2008, but it should be the other way around. I do not see where it mentions backup camera, smart key, etc. on the 2008 model, just generic specifications for most any Prius.

Attached Files:

6. ydpplqbd

ydpplqbd Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi there:

Sounds like you have "HG Package #1" based on the fact that you have no backup camera. Also, see second picture which lists breakout of 2009 Prius options by package number. I have attached two pics for online details from Toyota and the relevant brochure fort a 2009 Prius and the various packages available. A Prius is currently listed on ebay and has VIN: JTDKB20U397838531. In addition I have run this same VIN through the Toyota website: Vehicle Specification | Toyota Owners I have then snipped pics of the Toyota website and the 2009 Prius Brochure from the following link (see p.8 of the brochure for break-out of options by package number): http://www.auto-brochures.com/makes/Toyota/Prius/Toyota_US%20Prius_2009.pdf

I hope that this helps. With this info, you should be able to decode what you have.

PS: Link to ebay listing for the above "sample" as follows: 2009 Toyota Prius 5dr Hatchback | eBay

PPS: Car on ebay is NOT my car and is a car owned by someone unknown and unrelated to me. I merely used its VIN in order to demonstrate how to track this info down.

2009_prius_ebay.JPG 2009_prius_brochure.JPG

#6 ydpplqbd, Jan 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2020