1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Which Prius colors are in greatest demand?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Neal Tolchin, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Dianne

Dianne New Member

clarity

Cybele, you'd make a very good journalist!
    Allow me to reply under the variables!

There are so many variables that we are not aware of:
    Were they allocated based on request?
    ***There is no REQUEST basis. The percentages I gave you are accurate. What's impossible to determine is what colors the three diff packages we get will be.

Were they allocated based on production?
    **** They were allocated based on what was EARNED by the region on a sales-to-availability and days supply, much like the individual dealers are faced with.

Are there seasonal variations?
    **** The variations with Prius are based on production, never season.

Are they changing depending on demand?
    **** Nope, they are not. The Toyota Vehicle Ordering system that each of the 13 REGIONS across the USA determines the color mix... at a meeting held about every 60-90 days. They determine package choices, color, and ratios of each.

Are the color breakdown allocations different in different parts of the country?
    **** Yes, so are the packages, and this is done regionally, every one of the 13 regions chooses their ratios of color to package etc.

The best way to tell would be if we had information about other regional allocations or perhaps national allocations. Heck, maybe some Toyota National person will get on the site and post some info.
    **** Oh that ain't happenin'. They are not interested in the hot potato of the moment. They have even quit berating me (for the moment) about my posts about how screwed up the system is and how we need to change the Prius ordering system. I used to get fried for that sort of thing. I think everyone's just focused on more productive things now. I am too! I am making a lot of noise lobbying, trying to get them to make the Highlander hybrid an internet order only car to make things far more fair to the consumers.

The question that nags me is why Toyota doesn't change the color chips on their website to reflect the reality (or closer at least) of these colors?[/quote]

You'd have to know their design team and their webmaster's priorities. You and I both know the car would sell in purple, fuschia and lime green. I think they all feel they have bigger fish to fry!

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    When I ordered my Prius the dealer showed me a print out for the quarter showing the distribution of colors and packages for the northwest region. I am going from memory now a month old but 45% were #9 the rest was split between #7 and #1. Silver was by far and away the most common color I think about 26% White was next Black the least. I will call and ask if I could look again. All they can do is say no!
    Henry Drygas