1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Which Prius would be best for me?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Annie47, May 9, 2021.

1. Annie47

Annie47 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    My 2006 Prius was totaled so I'm in need of a new car. I loved my 2006, got 130K on it with the only major repair being replacing the main battery a couple years ago.
    I was thinking a Camry hybrid (before Prius had a Camry and loved it) but after the Prius it feels enormous. So I'm back looking at Prii, but all the different models are perplexing.
    I am not a car person and care only about reliability, comfort, and MPG. I cannot care less what it looks like, so I do not want to pay for fancy wheels or a "sporty" grill (on a Prius? Seriously Mr Salesman?).
    I want used (under 50K and I have a good mechanic), so has anyone recommendations for which model and year I should concentrate on? Thanks!

bisco likes this.
  2. kenmce

kenmce High Voltage Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    If you have a place to plug it in, I favor the pluggable cars.

bisco likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    get a gen 4. year doesn't matter, but whatever you like and can afford. all the reports are good so far.

gen 3 is nothing but trouble.
    as ken mentions above, prime is a great car if you can plug in.

be aware that many of the gen4 do not have a spare tire. they made a lot of improvements, but deconted some things like storage spaces and 3 door sks on some models.

Merkey likes this.