1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

which springs to get??

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by timthecyclist25, Dec 16, 2011.

1. timthecyclist25

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Im planning on ordering some lowering springs tonight but I'm a little clueless on what to get. Been considering the Eibach, what do y'all think???

2. blizzardfive

blizzardfive Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I have Eibach springs installed on mine and like them. It lowers the Prius by about an inch and offers a slightly stiffer ride. But, if you're looking for more of the "slammed" look, I would consider the Tanabe springs.

3. NineScorpions

NineScorpions Economy, Meet Style!!

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Eibach also has a 10% discount deal going on right now for the pro kit. I ordered mine here:

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/

They offer free shipping...and with the Eibach 10%...it is $210 total.

1 person likes this.
  4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree with BlizzardFive. I like my Eibach springs but if you want it lower than Eibach then check out Tanabe or Tein coilovers. I would like my car to sit lower in the front and a bit higher in the rear but only coilovers give you that kind of flexibilty.

5. ockevin

ockevin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have the TRD springs and they look great and the ride is a little firmer, but the handling is superb.

6. timthecyclist25

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    So I did it, I ordered the Eibach springs last night, should have them sometime next week. So once I get them I'll throw them on, take some pics, thanks for ya'lls help I really appreciate it.

7. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Spring Time vs. Fall...

Is the Prius getting too hip for me? I'm in my mid forties, and right now I drive a Honda Fit. At many Honda Fit owner forums I've noticed a lot of younger owners, really into lowering the Fit, tinting windows, ground effects lighting, rims...wheels..ect, ect,

I've always felt The Fit was actually a younger persons car.

I've felt more comfortable in Prius Chat, as the focus was more on the vehicle and the technology of the vehicle.

But I've noticed with the mainstreaming of Prius, and I think more mainstream look, more and more the similar or same conversation about Prius mods happening.

I'm NOT knocking it. You want to lower your vehicle, Mod it any way you want? It's a fair hobby.

But it seems relatively new in relationship to Prius.

You CRAZY kids! With you springs and lowering the vehicle and such! Git offa My Lawn!

You're going to make The Prius too cool for me!

8. timthecyclist25

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Lol the Prius is a great car but when buying and driving the car on a daily basis you feel like you need to express your personality through your vehicle and that's why I mod my Prius. I am 25 and I love my Prius BC one it looks like a spaceship in a way and two the MPG is absolutely amazing.

9. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I can't help it. I've been modding cars since I started driving and at 36 I still have the bug. :)

You'll love the way the new springs make the car handle. It's a HUGE difference!

10. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    1. Modding the Prius is nothing new. You've been around here long enough to know that.

2. I'd venture to guess that Prius modding still only takes place among <2% of owners.

11. The Electric Me

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Might not be anything new, but I do sense a change. I don't remember so many posts about mods like lowering The Prius.

Mods is a large definition. Sure, people have put lighted door sills, and tinted windows...for a long time.

I mean, The Prius has been made into a Star Trek shuttlecraft. So? Yeah..mods happen...

But I've seen more of the mainstream, I think more youthful choice to do things like lower the vehicle than I remember seeing in the past.

I'm okay with it. Do what you want.

But I have a hard enough time trying to avoid scrapping my Non-lowered vehicle, the idea of making it even lower? Just doesn't appeal to my 45 year old mind.

I'm probably 10 years away from a used Buick. Tube socks with shorts...and ordering Arnold Palmers...

12. NineScorpions

NineScorpions Economy, Meet Style!!

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I told myself when I bought my next new car...that I would not mod it. Yea right...I made it about 200 miles before the first one. I give up...something some of us simply cannot help I guess regardless of age.

13. SuperchargedMR2

SuperchargedMR2 Diehard Rams Fan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    +1 ..... and I'm 49! :D

I ordered Eibach springs from Autoanything.com & they had a 15% off coupon with free shipping & with the 10% off from Eibach the net cost will me around $165. :rockon:

1 person likes this.
  14. theangrykorean

theangrykorean Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    That's a deal!! I just installed my Eibach's 2 days ago and I am glad I went with them. It gives the car a better stance.

15. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Man, I paid $180 for my Eibachs and thought I got a deal. You cars always find better deals! lol

I think one of you Geniii folks should create a review thread like I did for the Genii. :) Click on the link in my sig for a template.

16. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Eibach makes great springs, better than Tein or Tanabe, which I've said before are undersprung and overcompressed.

I'm a proud owner of H&R springs. I'm pretty sure I'm the only Prius owner west of the Mississippi who owns them. When I called the H&R wearhouse to find out about their availability I asked them how often they sell it. They said "like never." Hah.

17. The Electric Me

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Thanks for giving me hope. Guess I can stop window shopping the medical supply store for foldable walkers and still await the Prius c.

But I still don't get this facination with lowering these vehicles. That IMO are already low enough. Since when was having no ground clearance, or the easy ability to go over common speed bumps "cool" or "desirable"?

Something happened on my way to Centrum Silver...and I missed it...

18. Dark_matter_doesn't

Dark_matter_doesn't Prius Tinkerer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Lowering moves the center of mass down, improving handling. It also makes a marked improvement in how the vehicle looks. It made a big improvement on my old Integra, and I regret waiting for years to make the mod. That said, one can go too far, and there are lots of examples out there.

I've got Tanabe NF-210's, and they gave a moderate drop. The tires now fit in the wheel wells nicely, and the vehicle looks distinctly better. I still clear almost all curbs when parking head-in. The vehicle corners flatter while retaining its original ride qualities. I'm pleased.

19. Ragz

Ragz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I paid $150 for Tein Hi Tech Springs and love the lowered look. Im in my mid 50's and think all this modding is crazy.
    BTW did you see my new carbon fiber hood?

20. swaggingprius

swaggingprius Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Or you can spend 10x as much for coilovers! :eek:

and lower even further :)