1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Which stand alone GPS model do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by Salamander_King, Oct 5, 2020.

1. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Back from our drive. I'll give it 3-1/2 or 4 stars.
    • I need to find out how to get it to stop popping up calendar info from my phone. Why would I need that when I already have it on my phone and watch??
    • It doesn't show elevation info like the Nuvi did. Then again, it doesn't lie about the elevation either. LOL!
    • I really like the display.
    • It's big enough that I can't fit it on the left near the phone mount. It kind of hides behind the steering wheel. So we put it on the right side where it's kind of out of my reach, but still visible and the good part is that my wife can reach it which is actually better anyway. It's on one of those anti-slide sand bag mounts so it can rest on almost any flat surface.
    More fine tuning in order will include the calendar annoyance and probably forgetting about the traffic info which blatantly lied to us twice today. We generally run Google Maps on a phone at the same time anyway.

Salamander_King likes this.