1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Which Steering Wheel Lock Fits a 2005 T4?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Mih_Ka, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Mih_Ka

Mih_Ka New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I recently picked up a Prius T4 (2005). I bought a Stoplock Pro from Halfords for it, but it didnt fit so i returned it (and the workers in the shop couldnt advise on which one to get). Does anyone know which one would fit my model?
    Any help would be really appreciated!

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Don't wast your money... Maybe do some research on securing your catalytic converter instead, that's the greatest theft risk by far when it comes to Prius. Cat Thefts are out of control right now and it's not cheap to fix.

Your existing anti theft security system is why Prius are almost never stolen and those clubs that lock the steering wheel can be drilled out in seconds. As in they're worthless:

Mih_Ka likes this.
  3. Mih_Ka

Mih_Ka New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Cheers mate, ill look into that instead then.

One other question, how can i get a key/fob made for my Prius? The car only came with 1 key

4. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Waste of money.
    If your car is going to get snatched they will just drag that little car up on a flatbed and drive away. In less than 1 minute.

But they will steal your $1800 cat converter in less than 2 minutes and require a pipe cutter and a wrench.

5. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Less then 60 seconds in most security cam footage I've seen... But that's the ones who risk the noise of a saw blade. Hadn't thought of it before, but yes, a super quiet impact wrench and pipe cutter would be much sneakier.

6. Mih_Ka

Mih_Ka New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is welding the bolts on the CC a good solution, or is another method preferable? I found this solution online, wasn’t sure if it was enough protection

7. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Motion detecting car alarm would probably be a good way to go... Also if you don't live in really hot weather A metal plate with vents aka: Cat Shield is a good way to go. They used to charge several hundred for them but now everyone is making them and I got one on Ebay for $130, but haven't installed it yet.

Mih_Ka likes this.
  8. Mih_Ka

Mih_Ka New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Cat shield looks solid, though I’d be useless trying to install it so would prob have to fork out loads to have a mechanic do it. Thanks for the tips though