1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Which used Prius to buy

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by JoeS, Jun 5, 2013.

1. JoeS

JoeS Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I am looking to buy a used Prius, and have narrowed down my search to 2010 IV/V or a 2012 Three.

The pros of the 2012 are: I think it looks better, its newer(mostly lower milage). Under warranty for longer(I'm in Cali).

The pros of the 2010 are: Non cloth seats is a big plus because dog fur can easily be wiped off. Power adjustable seats(good because i'm tall and have a hard time fitting in most cars) The seat in my mothers 2005(base model) is too high for me.

Other options are to keep driving my reliable 97 corolla with 230,000 miles. Or look at 2012 civic or focus. I like the prius over the civic/focus because of its perceived status(fits in varied social economic status with ease).

What you you guys and gals do?

2. FriarNurgle

FriarNurgle Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Newer is always better IMO. You could just get some seat covers.

3. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm tall, 6'2" and I would steer away from the 2010/11 cause 4 and 5 only have power lumbar with 6-way mechanical adjust (cannot lessen bottom tilt).

For 2012+ have to reach 4 and 5 for Softex 8-way power adjust with power lumbar, so it's really a 10-way (Honda calls it 10-way). I'm sure the power seat weighs more than the mechanical, but it adjusts in a way can only think about with the other.

Just be alert there is a lot of tilt when lowering far down in the mechanical seat (I've measure it as more than a couple other models) Can lead to excess pressure in thighs. or may not , everyone's different.

Far as fabric goes, I've already bought my last car with fabric. Have to cover them or they will get soiled eventually and it's a gamble on covers. Don't know til get them, then when you put them on, they're not returnable. At least the custom fit ones are not returnable if you install them.

4. JoeS

JoeS Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Interesting, guess I really should try to test drive(sit) a 2010 and 12. I think the 2012 Four is out of my price range. I hadn't thought about seat covers but that would be an option if I end up with a III. I'm 6'4 so also not having a sunroof helps a lot.

5. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I prefer the 12/13 models over the 10/11 models. Give 'em all a test drive or better yet go rent a few of them for a while if you can.

Mike [​IMG]