1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Whining Thread: Annoyed By Tinted Window Debacle In New Jersey

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by JeffHastings, Apr 18, 2013.

1. css28

css28 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Police Benevolent Association, perhaps?

2. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Policemen's Benevolent Association. Basically, it's the police union in certain areas. There's also the Fraternal Order of Police, otherwise known as the FOP.

3. ny_rob

ny_rob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    PBA card- around here it's referred to as a "get out of jail free" card... but it's important to have the name and phone # of the PO who gave you the card- because the cops who pull you over will call the card issuer to see if he knows you. It happened to my nephew- luckily the PBA card issuer was a pretty good friend of my nephew- and vouched for him over the phone.

4. ImeanGreen

ImeanGreen Prius v Five BP Brigade #236

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Jeff, you need to make sure that you know the percentage of the film whether it be 35, 25, 20, 18 or 5. There are a number of good brands out there rated at 35% that cuts UV and heat. Find a good installer. A good tint shop should have their own gadgets like the UV meter. The UV meter convinced me to go with the CXP for my V's front window. I had my installer put 25% suntek carbon all around in my regular prius installed a year ago. Darker than 35% but can be seen through. Got a V lately and had it tinted. Installed 5% for rear and back and 35% up front to be legal. Installer suggested to use the 35% up front using suntek's CXP film. Oh boy, what a difference from my 25% tint when it comes to heat and UV protection. So, there are 35% films that do a great job of cutting down UV and heat if it is your concern. Just need to do some research and find a good tint shop. Sorry to hear about your situation and good luck. Here is what Suntek CXP is about.
    CXP
    The higher the TSER, the better.

5. css28

css28 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Just to weigh in on the intent of these laws, as a motorist (and particularly as a motorcyclist) I feel at much higher risk from significant front side window tint in other vehicles. An important aspect of my situational awareness depends on my ability to see the other driver and determine if he's even looking in my direction.
    It's all well and good to fine tune your ticket risk but please consider the intent behind the law as you do so.

6. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hmmm... a ticket for tinted windows being compared to genocide and world war... yah, same thing.

7. p00kienrayray

p00kienrayray Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Lol, it sounds like he was being sarcastic.

8. revhigh

revhigh MPG Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Nah .... I was totally serious ....

REV