1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who are more smug? Apple or prius owners?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by burritos, Feb 14, 2007.

1. cabillings

cabillings New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chinito77 @ Feb 14 2007, 05:35 PM) [snapback]390571[/snapback]</div>
    Ditto....it's called an iPhone!

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TimBikes @ Feb 17 2007, 04:01 AM) [snapback]391959[/snapback]</div>
    Did it have equivalent software?

3. wfolta

wfolta Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I've found Windows fans and anti-hybrid owners to be more smug than Apple or Prius owners.

It's routine to see anti-Mac zealots in various forums claiming that Mac users are stupid because they "pay too much" for a Mac, or are too technically illiterate to assemble their own Windows machine, or to appreciate what Windows offers in hidden benefits or even Linux. You know the type, "I won't pay $500 for a logo," which of course is smugly assuming that the Mac user is too stupid to actually have any advantage and thus is paying for status.

It's not routine, but I have also seen many anti-Prius zealots who claim the only reason to buy a Prius is to proudly proclaim that you're Green. Again, smugly assuming that Prius owners are idiots who are buying into a fad.

I use an iPhone, I've used Macs for 20 years (as well as Windows, UNIX, Amiga, IBM mainframes, etc, etc) and I drive a Gen III Prius. I like technology, and I like elegance, and I expect things I spend a LOT of time with to have a comfort and style, and to give me options.

1 person likes this.
  4. wfolta

wfolta Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    How about features like size, weight, sturdiness? How about things like Apple's magnetic closure on its laptops, and its magnetic power cord attachment? How about appearance? How about included software? How about OTHER features that perhaps you didn't count in your comparison because you would not immediately use them?

Reminds me of people who "run the numbers" and say a Prius is simply not worth the "hybrid tax".