1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who are we?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ggalanti, Nov 29, 2004.

1. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(flareak\";p=\"53610)</div>
    Most definitely so.

:rofl:

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I think the "androgenous" symbol just means they refused to specify gender in their profile.

I fit the profile on age and income, but I have no degrees. I am an autodidact, mostly. I did take a few college classes.

3. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'd bet that homosexuals make up 20% of the Prius market, Bob. That is solely based on my experience and has no basis on fact.

Yes, the "androgenous" symbol just means they haven't specified a gender in their profile.

4. ggalanti

ggalanti Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA\";p=\"53638)</div>
    Whereas I assumed they just hadn't bothered to check the box for gender on their profile. Or that they thought "unknown" would be an amusing designation.

5. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny\";p=\"53910)</div>
    Of course I knew that. I just thought that it would stimulate some interesting discussion, so I posted that comment in jest.

:rofl:

6. amberlea

amberlea Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Female here... 25...single...with college degree's. yes, i would say that the average prius owner is more educated for sure. I could elablorate but I am at work at the moment. However I do not make anywhere near $85K- maybe one day though... any prius owners in Tennessee out there?

7. SyZyGy

SyZyGy New Member

Hey flareak,
    This sucks only 4-5 weeks left untill 1st semester grades and finals for me.
    Yay finals. :roll:

8. betshsu

betshsu Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Okay, I'll chime in.

I'm female. Not married (but pratically so... perhaps I'm married by Texas common law), no kids. I have a plethora of college degrees, and scarily enough, am getting at least one more (anyone want one?). I do not make $85k, but that's because I've either been a graduate student or a post-doc :D. However, my s.o. makes more than enough money. I am not in the computer industry, but am a techie (biomedical engineering), and days I'm not doing bench work I often spend in front of a computer.

9. maliblue

maliblue New Member

Woman, married, 3 children (2 high school, 1 college), well educated, work full time, money (too polite to say), Prius fanatic! We women are way too busy to regularly contribute to this great site, but we are lurking here!

10. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

were old DINKS
    both own a Prius
    work too much
    want to retire
    but not quite there yet.
    one day.

11. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Ok I've been lurking on this thread, might as well add my two cents...

Starbug is: female, 23 YO, a geek/techie, educated up through high school (homeschooled), doesn't make much money :cry: , works two full-time jobs (I play with toy cars for a living! WOOO! :clap: What do YOU do? :mrgreen: ), car nut, Prius-obsessive, single (sigh), artist, html spinner/web designer, loves animals, audiophile, scifi & fantasy nut, adores spicy foods.

And there ya have it.

12. ggalanti

ggalanti Junior Member

How great to be hearing from the women of the group! I think I'm ready to share more details. I'm 54 (god that sounds old! I'm really not. I've just lived a long time), married, no kids (whoops, forgot to do that!) teach anthropology, have a side business doing workshops on cultural diversity at hospitals (which is finally starting to bring in enough money to put me in the "typical Prius user category) and bellydance. I started learning to play the doumbek last year (that's a middle eastern drum), but haven't had time to practice lately. I'm considered a computer geek by most of my friends, but that's only because they know almost nothing about computers. I'm a total Mac person; PCs make me nervous. I love to read, mostly mystery novels. My favorite new toy is my iPod. I can't wait to get my new Prius -- salsa red with Option package #6. It should be arriving in port any day now. :p

13. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ggalanti\";p=\"54667)</div>
    Ah, there's the answer - exercise!

14. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I kind of figured the thread was mostly to flush out the women folk for comradare, but if you care: Most of it is in my profile. Not in there - wife, 2 daughters - 9 & 11. 2 cats that don't get along.

Enjoy that new car Geri-Ann!

15. ggalanti

ggalanti Junior Member

Thanks! I just got a call from the dealer. My car is in!!! He's probably going to deliver it to me TODAY. I'm so excited!!!

16. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Know the feeling...enjoy and happy Prius driving. :partytime:

17. flyingprius

flyingprius New Member

Geri-Ann,
    Congratulations! Your Prius will be a totally awesome experience! I remember my head being in the clouds for the first month of having my Prius, and come to think of it, it never really went away! :D
    I wish many happy miles to you!
    Flyingprius

18. Marg

Marg New Member

My stereotype of women is that they like to get their information through informal exchanges such as talking to friends. So I thought chatgroups -- even those about cars -- would be a predominantly female medium. (I was wrong, but I don't mind!)

When my husband and I were deciding what car to get, he researched all of the technical information while I started going to chatgroups to learn about people's real-world experiences with the car. This division of labour worked well for us and we're really happy with our car.

19. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    now that i'm a senior... i don't care anymore heheheh
    no more sat/act, almost done with college apps ( :cussing: )
    im guaranteed to get into mizzou :mrgreen: so i'm going to sit back and enjoy