1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who do you insure your Prius with?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Jamie Hart, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Jamie Hart

Jamie Hart New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I have been looking for insurance for women for my Prius. Are there any discounts that I can take advantage of? I've been looking online and many people recommend GEICO or Allstate. Are their reputations any good for paying out insurance claims? What do you guys use to insure your Prius? Also, what auto insurance company offers cheaper rates for women and what rates should I expect? If it helps I live in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Thank you for any advice that you can give me.

2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Insurance varies by region, even different cities within counties. We have a great deal on auto because we bundle everything from safe driving record, homeowners theft & fire, post graduate degree, earthquake, life, boat, long term Medical & umbrella as well multi car auto. I'm more valuable dead than alive.

RCO and Jamie Hart like this.
  3. LadyPearl

LadyPearl New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I just got a new prius V and I pay 1200 a year with State Farm and I live in Gainesville Fl! I have collision and comprehensive on it, the deductible is 500. How much do you guys pay?

4. benagi

benagi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Get a quote from Liberty Mutual. I’m sure they can beat State Farm.

5. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Best and cheapest insurance is through wawanesa insurance

6. Sooner Al

Sooner Al Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    FWIW we use Allstate for auto and home insurance. We've never had an auto claim but we had no issues replacing a roof on our last home due to hail damage. In our case we only have one car so there is no multi car discount.

7. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Is that who you use for insurance?
    When researching Liberty Mutual I saw many complaints of extreme rate hikes after initial low rate quotes.

We had home & auto insurance with Nationwide for many years. Getting a cracked windshield replaced was no problem. One night both our vehicles had vid=sidle hail damage. My wife took the most obvious one to the Nationwide claims drivethrough. The adjuster claimed he saw no damage and there had not been any hail in the area anyway. Avoid Nationwide in my opinion.

We are currently with The Hartford for auto using the AARP discount. They also give a continuing discount if you applied online, for some reason.

Avoid Farmers. I got a quote which was about the same as I am currently paying but then they started harassing me to buy their insurance. Not cool!

RCO likes this.