1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who has done their recall?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by cary1952, Feb 15, 2014.

1. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Some people are real OCD about their stuff. I personally wouldn't want a bunch of stickers stuck on my cars.

Mike

Chuck65 and glen68 like this.
  2. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That's kind of what I was expecting.
    My dealership did NOT do this, and I got a bit of a puzzled/dirty look when I asked where the sticker was...

Like I said, I'm okay with it, not a big deal, as long as there is identifiable proof in case any future issues arise, that the recall was performed. Which if it is entered in a national data base there will be.

3. The Electric Me

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    First of all...you've got a lot of stickers stuck on your car already, door jamb and under hood.

It's not that I'm "OCD" about it, it's just that because of this site, and other posters- I knew that it has been done. Evidently it's SUPPOSE to be done.

In an inconspicuous place like a door jamb, or under the hood, I have no problem with a recall "proof" sticker. I'd of rather had one...than NOT have one.

If I'm being at all OCD it's because it is such a subtle, "software" flash, there's not much tangible evidence when you get your vehicle back, that anything at all has been done. At least with a "sticker" you have some tangible evidence, proof that is with the vehicle that the recall was complied with...

I really don't think it's that big a deal, BUT I also think my dealership should of done it.

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Post update, I see a sticker under the hood saying:

NONE OF THE PERFORMANCE WARRANTY
    TESTS OF 40 CFR PART 85, SUBPART W.
    IS TO BE PERFORMED.

Not sure if that's new or not. The invoice for update says:

230 MG ECU UPDATE

and

PERFORM CAMP 230
    QC<4>

5. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Sorry if I pissed you off but I was not speaking about you one bit.

Mike :)

6. The Electric Me

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No worries, and I save "pissed off" for more important things in life.

I'm kind wish I hadn't even mentioned the sticker and the point of my post was trying to point out my feelings about the vehicle operation after the recall.

I think I was suppose to get a sticker. I think the dealership failed in that regard, but sticker or not, it wouldn't change how the vehicle is operating.

7. jaymac

jaymac membore

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    We had an appointment to take our Prius in for the software update and our second oil change this past Thursday. While I was waiting for my wife to come out of the house I was listening to the radio. When she got in the car I pushed the start button to shift to " READY " but it would not go. I turned the switch off and on several times but it would not go into ready status and thus would not shift out of " PARK " My wife then said that it had done this to her several times but she had thought it was just her doing something wrong - and it had eventually resolved. Alas, after waiting and fiddling with the start switch several times it did clear and went into " READY " and we got going.

At the dealership I explained the issue to the service tech and and he had no explanation for this. His suggestion was to do the update and see if this resolves the problem. I tend to agree with this and although we don't drive all that much the problem has not recurred on the couple of occassions we have driven since.

Has anyone else had a similar experience ?

8. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You should start a new thread and not mix it in here. It has nothing to do with the recall.
    This sounds like a low 12v battery or user error with not pressing on the brake peddle fully.

9. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I agree, it sounds like a faulty brake pedal sensor switch to me. Or, user error, in forgetting to depress the brake pedal before trying to make the car Ready.

10. retired4999

retired4999 Prius driver since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Go here and sign in to see your service history, everything done to your car since new.
    Toyota Online Owners Manuals and Warranty

11. retired4999

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    P.S. click on my vehicle and sign in, then click on parts & service, then click on history.

12. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I had my recall done some time ago. I just checked and they put the sticker inside my door jamb. More importantly, they gave me a copy of the repair order stating that it was done. To me, a copy of the repair order is very important. Also, you can sign in as a member of the TOYOYA OWNERS CLUB and you can see all of the work that has been performed on your vehicle. My Toyota dealer also put an entry there indicating the recall was done.

retired4999 likes this.
  13. jaymac

jaymac membore

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I know full well about depressing the brake pedal - we have had the car for more than two years. But thanks for the suggestion of a potentially faulty brake pedal sensor. If the problem happens again, now after the software update, that is what I will be asking the service department to look at first.

14. Former Member 68813

Former Member 68813 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Am I the only one who thinks the navigation on that website sucks?

WE0H and PriusInParadise like this.
  15. retired4999

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    P.S. click on my vehicle and sign in, then click on parts & service, then click on history.

Hope this helps.

The Electric Me likes this.
  16. The Electric Me

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, I'm very dubious and doubtful of any connection between the software update and the problem you described. I just don't see how the two could be connected.

I mean you needed the software update anyway, so good to have it done, but you might as well say, let's have the oil change done and see if that fixes the problem.

Start a new thread "If" the problem re-occurs, which if it is a problem I think likely. I'm curious now as to what your problem actually turns out to be.

17. milkman44

milkman44 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Have not had the recall done, and there's no line and no eco on mine either until I put it in D, no line and no echo if I put it in R. Makes me wonder how many other subjective ramifications are the results of the recall fix. Something is changed, I just don't trust that all the claims here are legit, can't cause more MPG, less MPG, more power, less power, more noise, less noise, more charge, less charge. I will have my recall done and see what changes I can come up with, maybe I'll notice that the car will stay cleaner after.:)

glen68 likes this.
  18. Hybrid Dave

Hybrid Dave Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Well I can tell you after the recall, it still drives like a Prius.

19. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Haven't had the recall done, BUT, last week I pulled up to the garage, put the car in "P" with the p-brake on, got out and opened the garage door, and when I tried to put the car back in "D" it wouldn't shift. Yes, my foot was on the brake. The skid icon was illuminated. Very strange. Powered the car off then back on and it was fine.

So it must have been the recall! ;) Affects the car even when it hasn't been done! (ducking)

20. Southbound

Southbound Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I took my 2013 and wife's 2011 in for the update ; can't say I notice much difference with either. I do know my wife gets better MPG's than I do, but I attribute that to her driving her car more; I actually don't have an ideal commute to work to take advantage of this car. I knew that before I bought the car and it was almost the reason I didn't buy one, but I did and don't regret it. Just made < a 4 mile trip and posted 64.3 mpg for that trip and am holding about 45 mpg on whole. Should get better now that the worst of this Chicago winter is over.