1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who has done their recall?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by cary1952, Feb 15, 2014.

1. crabbyman

crabbyman Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two

When I get mine done I will watch the SOC on Torque. Mine was around 65% and showed me at -2 bars on the graph when I did the test. I get mine done Monday (hopefully).

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Harold, if you're using foam tubing for grill block, you can also put a couple of pieces along the crimped edge at the hood seam beside the front fender zones. Here's an old pic, I've redone with tubes a bit longer. We had a rat take up residence under the hood for a while; he chewed the heck out of the (pictured) tubing. He's gone, we managed to chase him out of the garage one night, but his legacy lives on. Was doing an oil change yesterday, took off the undercover, and found remnants of some forgotten scented candle, half chewed away, on top of the undercover, lol. I took to calling him "Ratty".

Sorry, rambling, pic:

IMG_1336.jpg

3. HaroldW

HaroldW Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Mendel. I actually purchased a two peace bra as I was getting more chips than I wanted from the gravel they spread these days for sand, so I just cover the screened opening with packing tape. The top openings I leave open this time of year. Before the bra I did use insulation tubes. My gen 3 is classic silver as well. H

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  4. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Recall performed today. Haven't noticed any difference, but it's too early to tell. Give me a week or two of normal driving...

5. CTitanic

CTitanic Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Just got the letter today, two weeks after I got it done. I'm a happy camper..

HaroldW likes this.
  6. Jon Hagen

Jon Hagen Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The dealer 100 miles away set me up to do the recall on my early (July 09) 10 liftback. They handed the car back to us in 45 minutes. The service gal said no hardware problems, so was a software update only.

All the good / bad things listed were fresh in my mind, so we watched all that on the 1:30 hr / 100 mile trip home.

Really could detect no difference, fuel economy was within a couple 10ths of the trip to the store.
    Battery charge indication was the same as before.
    Set the cruise control at 71 mph. Down hill into valley, 71 mph, crossing the flat valley,71,MPH, climbing hill at other side of valley 71MPH.

Rolled up on a pair of slow cars doing 60 in the right lane, told brother to floor it and go around. Passed the first one and stayed in the left lane. I could hear brother backing off the gas before we were past the second car. I asked, "Why dont you stay on it and get infront of the second car, back in the right lane ?" Brother said " were doing 90+, how fast do you think we need to go ?" My thoughts, OK, passing power is still good .
    Only test I would like to make yet is top speed. The car always ran up to an indicated 115 MPH pretty easily, still accelerating hard enough that I could feel it nose over as the speed limiter cut in. The wide open 3 miles of 2 lane country blacktop was wet from melting snow, so the top speed run will have to wait for another day ;-)

CTitanic and WE0H like this.
  7. CTitanic

CTitanic Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Could you explain in more details what's the use of that piece of foam tubing there? I thought that the grill was the front one in the bumper. Excuse me if this is a stupid question (and off topic).

8. Mendel Leisk

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Grill block prevents excess cold air coming in through the front. The idea with the tubing (per the pic) is to better hold in the warm air already in the engine bay. At the back and front of the hood there's gaskets, but the sides are more open.

9. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I found hood side gaskets from Japan on eBay. I understand they are OEM over there. Why we don't get all the same features is puzzling :(

Mike

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  10. CTitanic

CTitanic Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Got it now. Thanks! No need for that here in South Florida ;)

11. Horsefeathers

Horsefeathers Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If I just picked up my 2014 Prius a few days ago, do I need to be concerned about a recall? Like is it something that has likely already been handled, or do I need to inquire at the dealership? Apologies if this has been covered and I missed it (I should probably just make that my sig).

12. jdk2

jdk2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Here you go: Toyota Safety Recall and Car Service Information

You'll need your VIN

K9CRT and Horsefeathers like this.
  13. Horsefeathers

Horsefeathers Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  14. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Toyota put a hold on all cars in the dealer's hands. They can't be sold until the software update is done. Any car sold in the last month should have the update applied. I would verify that it has been done anyway. But, you have little to worry about.

Horsefeathers likes this.
  15. car compulsive

car compulsive Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I received the recall letter over the weekend. Since it's still over 2500 miles until my next service visit, I'll probably call and schedule the recall and also have them turrn off the TPMS warning after putting on my summer wheels.

16. Mendel Leisk

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Do your summer tires have the tpms sensors, and they're functional? If so the warning will shut off, without intervention.

HaroldW likes this.
  17. neez

neez Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Pretty easy to do, just go to the toyota website and register your car's VIN. It'll pull up any work done at any toyota dealership ever for your car.

Here's the link:
    Login

18. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Does anyone know how long it takes for the Toyota Owner's site to update? Had the recall performed this past Saturday, but not updated on the site yet.

19. car compulsive

car compulsive Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two

They have working sensors, but the car's programming was changed for the winter wheels (sensors) in the fall. My Ridgeline manages to retain knowledge of both sets of factory sensors and I'm buying cloned sensors for my wife's Fit.

20. crabbyman

crabbyman Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So..I went to the local stealership after scheduling this service at least 2 weeks ago. Spoke with the service manager directly and he stated he needed to know when I was coming because I needed a loaner for the day. Told him I travel for work and my hours were before he opened and after he closed. He said he would schedule my service and schedule a car and leave it with the sales staff.

I get there today and the staff look at me like I have a disease. They have no clue about it and say they have no loaners. They call the service manager at home. Basically it sounds like the sales or service guys gave out all the loaners, one of which was supposed to be mine.

Needless to say I was a little ticked off.