1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who has highest mileage on odometer?

Discussion in 'Prius c Fuel Economy' started by KMAN4190, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Mo G

Mo G Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    ^^^ Just be safe. Driving 55 isn't bad on a highway. Here in Dallas, the speed limit on most highways is 65MPH, or the toll way is 70MPH. As long as you are in the right lane, driving that speed, shouldn't be a problem even if the speed limit is 70MPH. With traffic entering and exiting, 55 is probably the speed in the right lane. Especially with the crazy people trying to cut off other drivers so they do not miss the exit.

2. Raidin

Raidin Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yup, always try to be safe. We also have a lot of trucks and vans, personal and commercial, that travel even slower. People around here are used to seeing slow moving traffic.

3. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Try again. They have minimum speeds of 40 in those areas. So unless he's going less than 40 he's not getting a ticket.

Raidin likes this.
  4. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    My first year with the car I did 23k miles. That was driving 80 miles every day. I'm glad that I only live 6 miles from work, but my mpgs have taken a hit because of it. I was getting ~60mpgs on my old commute and now it's a struggle to get 50... just too short of a trip.

mertechperformance likes this.
  5. mertechperformance

mertechperformance Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Most States have a minimum Highway speed of 45. That's on highways with Max speed of 65 or 55. So a 70 or 75mph stretch of road most likely has a higher minimum speed as well. Even if not ticketable for minimum speed, but unsafe for road conditions would be an infraction that normally is up to the officers discretion.

SGH-T889 ?

#185 mertechperformance, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  6. EcoNut1

EcoNut1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    just hit my first 1000!

TC400, Raidin, ztanos and 1 other person like this.
  7. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Georgia has a speed limit of 70 and a minimum of 40. Ohio has a speed limit of 65 and a minimum of 40, same with Pennsylvania. Actually, thinking about it, I can honestly say that I've never seen a minimum of 45 on my way from Georgia to Ohio. What states have this?

[​IMG]

8. Raidin

Raidin Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Grats! 1000 more and you'll be broken in!

ztanos likes this.
  9. Raidin

Raidin Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't forget that at 55mph for 360~ miles a day, I'm averaging 60 mpg with these new tires (used to be 64). If I drove faster, I'd drop by 50, 10, or 15 mpg, and every mpg is about $10 a month in gas cost.

10. Raidin

Raidin Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hit this yesterday. Still no problems with the car, and drives like it did brand new pretty much (shocks/struts are obviously a little worn now).

20140625_165106.jpg

11. legoadan

legoadan Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Very nice. Did you change your transmission fluid or are you going to keep it the same fluid for life?

12. Raidin

Raidin Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not really buying into the fluid change thing. I'm not going to do it. Also, I am getting a replacement car in about 2 weeks so there's no point now anyway.

13. Raidin

Raidin Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Missed the picture, but I am now past 130,000 miles. So far, only two issues with the car:

1. Passenger side rear tail light went out.
    2. Once in a while, when turning left, the steering wheel makes a weird sound that sounds like someone wringing a rubber towel, like rubber on rubber rubbing sound, as if tightening or something.

I have about one week left before I switch cars, if all goes according to plan. I should be at about 132,000 when it retires.

ztanos likes this.
  14. PriusC_Commuter

PriusC_Commuter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    May I ask why you're replacing it? Sounds like it's treated you well and been incredibly reliable, and I can't imagine it's worth that much with so many miles.

15. Raidin

Raidin Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I wanted to keep it for the long term, but the car isn't as comfortable or as quiet as I would have liked. It's missing features I'd like to have. After nearly 2 years with it, I figured that if I am going to keep a car for the long term for my job, I'd better get the best option available to me, instead of a base car designed to make a few sacrifices in the name of fuel economy.

It will be replaced with a 2014 Lexus CT 200h, which I'll be picking up tomorrow. Not too worried about reliability considering my replacement choice, and the fact that the CT is running with a Prius powertrain.

I forgot to add: as far as resale value goes, Cs like mine seem to go for around $12k at this mileage, though there are very few. While it has been roughed up on the outside by all the freeway driving, it looks like a brand new car inside, and has been maintained per factory recommendations.

#195 Raidin, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
    Mo G, markabele and ztanos like this.
  16. Raidin

Raidin Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Small update: While I am now driving my CT (sitting at 34,000 miles, since August of 2014), my Prius C, which is still in our family, is now just beyond 139,000 miles, and still no issues beyond what I have mentioned earlier in this thread.

I spoke to several people (mechanics), and on forums (here mostly), about the transmission fluid, and even called up Luscious Garage in California (they are a hybrid-only garage that got featured on Motorweek.) I was told by Luscious Garage that if the manual doesn't ask for a change, don't change it. I asked them what they do for the high-mileage Prius taxis they service 24/7, they said they change the fluid every 30,000 miles as per the severe service schedule (I'm assuming the person only meant a standard Prius, as I doubt there are too many Cs running around as taxis, and the C maintenance schedule doesn't say this, even on severe use).

I have decided to simply have my mechanic check the transmission fluid at regular intervals, and only change it if he feels it needs to be changed (for both cars).

cwerdna and ztanos like this.
  17. tonia taffaro

tonia taffaro Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I have a 2012 with 90k miles

18. priusCpilot

priusCpilot Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I say keep original oil on the HSD system and let see what the limits of original oil can do!

I have been very curious about this.

19. legoadan

legoadan Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    So you bought the CT and are keeping the C for your family? Or are you just waiting for the C to get sold?

20. Raidin

Raidin Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I was planning to sell the C, but my mom liked it so I gave it to her. I handle the maintenance, so I am able to track the mileage and keep the car running well, not to mention keep you guys posted on how the car's doing.

legoadan likes this.