1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who has personally, actually received revised OCI notice and maintenance schedule?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by LeadingEdgeBoomer, Mar 2, 2010.

1. IraS

IraS Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I received the letter (dated February 25, 2010) and new Warranty & Maintenance Guide in today's mail. I live in Austin, TX (which is part of the Gulf States Toyota region).

I was surprised I didn't receive a coupon for a free oil change, as indicated when the change to the OCI was first announced. I searched the OCI thread and found that Toyota has decided not to offer the free oil change after all.

The new maintenance schedule indicates maintenance is still required every 5,000 miles. They only changed the oil change interval to 10,000 miles - every thing else stayed the same. However, they did add a new item at every maintenance: "Check installation of driver's floor mat."

2. Joe166

Joe166 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    V
    I got mine today. A new maintenance booklet, a letter and supposedly an explanation. From my reading of the letter, it would seem to me that the 10,000 mile oil change is only with the use of the synthetic oil and there is nowhere on the information that they say that there is synthetic oil in the vehicle from the factory.

So, it seems that the intervals after the first oil change, if synthetic oil is used, is 10,000 miles. Is this what most people discern?

3. ALS

ALS Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I got my packet today with the letter dated Febuary 25th.

4. Jim Calvert

Jim Calvert New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Received my new manual yesterday.

Jim Calvert

5. MXFanatic

MXFanatic New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I got mine today.

6. DetPrius

DetPrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Received it on 3/3/10.

7. Penny's Dad

Penny's Dad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just to fulfill a personal goal of having 10 posts in a row...I really need to get a life!

8. gil

gil Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Received a packet today with a new warranty and maintenance guide; I'm in central VA. Unfortunately it came a week after I paid over $60 for the first oil change at 5000 miles. No one at the dealer mentioned the change, but then again there were 10 people in line at 7:30 in the morning when I arrived waiting to get recall repairs so I guess they are too busy to get caught up on the change.

9. Jim05

Jim05 Occasional Quasi-Hypermiler

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Nothing yet.

10. LeeB

LeeB Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It is a sad state of affairs if Toyota is notifying customers of the change before their dealers (or if dealers are ignoring the change if indeed Toyota has notified them). I called McGeorge Toyota in Richmond yesterday to make an appointment for the brake ECU update, and the advisor asked if I needed the "5,000 mile maintenance" at the same time. Perhaps she was refering only to the tire rotation, but I suspect not. I made the appointment for March 17 for the brake reflash (only 3K on the Prius so no oil change regardless). When I go in for the recall, I'll ask about the new OCI. I won't be surprised if they say it's still 5K. I checked the Toyota Owners website last night, and the maintence schedule is the April 2009 edition with the 5K interval. Given the very bad press from the recall problem, I'm amazed at how profoundly Toyota has screwed up the coordination of the OCI mod.

11. neilz

neilz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I just had the ECU Update and oil change. The reminder sticker on the top corner of my windshield added 10,000 mile to my mileage for the next oil change.

I was given 1 year of oil changes with the Toyota maintenance agreement when I bought the Prius. Does anyone know if Toyota is extending the coupons in light of their new 10,000 mile oil policy?

12. ralfaro

ralfaro Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    We got ours on 03/04. Like some others here, I am wondering about the prepaid maintenance we purchased. It was fo 5 years, covering 0w20 synthetic every 5k along with tire rotation, oil filters, and inspections. I thought it was not bad for $625. Since we have already basically paid for the oil changes, is there any negatives to having it changed every 5k anyhow despite the new 10k recommendation? I figure if we have already paid for it, then why not, but thought I would ask. The chances of the dealer refunding half the cost of the plan I think are slim to none.

13. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    More frequent than required oil changes are never a bad idea, oil being the lifeblood of the engine, so to speak. Personally, I would go for the refund, since the 10K OCI is now warranted by Toyota, and who couldn't use some extra pocket change these days?

14. SlowTurd

SlowTurd I LIKE PRIUS'S

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    i just got mine yesterday

thats all

nothing more to see here

15. DetroitFlyer

DetroitFlyer New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I received the information today, (3/6/10), here in Detroit!

16. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just received my new Maintenance manual in the mail today spelling out the new 10K OCI.

17. Felt

Felt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Received mine today. (In Utah)

18. Holmesman

Holmesman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Got mine a few days ago in the mail. (Largo, Florida)

19. EWRoberts

EWRoberts Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Got mine. I have all my cars on 15K oil change interval with Mobile 1. So far, so good.

20. EWRoberts

EWRoberts Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    And I already have 22k miles on my car.