Who has the most mileage on their Prius C? Any issues with the battery long term?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by CStar, Feb 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Aaron Vitolins

Aaron Vitolins Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You have a lot of miles! Have you cleaned the hybrid battery intake and fan? The C is known for getting its little fan dirty and causing problems down the road.

like all Toyota hybrids, the hybrid system is being used at any speed. If you have a fancy scan tool, or a app like Dr Prius, you can see the voltage going in and out of the battery pack at any speed. Any time you accelerate, or brake at any speed, it’s using the hybrid system. Also while cursing down the highway on cruise control, it uses the electric motors to regulate engine rpm, and a little voltage from the battery to maintain the best fuel economy. These are amazing cars no doubt!

2. Reno411

Reno411 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three

I know it sounds stupid, but I'm pushing the car to the max. I'm doing little maintenance as possible. I live in Pennsylvania, so we get yearly inspections and emissions done. Other than oil and filter changes and tires, I let the car tell me when stuff needs to be done. If I do not hear anything, I do nothing. 7 years of inspections and emissions and all they seem to get me on is a marker light or wiper blades every other year. I'll pay the $18.99 to change the $1.99 light bulb, because I know they checked the shit out of my car just to only find that.

Aaron Vitolins likes this.
  3. Aaron Vitolins

Aaron Vitolins Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    At least check the vent! It’s super easy and could give you many miles more on the battery

4. PriusC_Commuter

PriusC_Commuter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Sold my 2012 PriusC Two with 115k miles to a buddy for a cheap price. I had a power door lock actuator go bad somewhere around 55k miles (forgot the exact amount, had posted something about it years ago), but other than that zero issues. The 12V battery lasted just past the warranty (as usual).

5. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    @Reno411 ^^ This. It's the one more thing you really ought to do for your c, it really will make a difference over time.

Aaron Vitolins likes this.