1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who has the most mph over speeding in a prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Michael Hooks Jr., Mar 2, 2013.

1. Michael Hooks Jr.

Michael Hooks Jr. Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I was clocked doing 63 in a 40 about two and a half weeks ago in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. LOL.

2. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Were you cited, or did the officer not believe what he was seeing- a speeding Prius?;) That would be an expensive ticket here in Ca.

3. Michael Hooks Jr.

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Got ticketed. 143 dollars...

4. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Probably would run at least twice that here. Plus you would have to carry around a copy of the ticket to prove to some people you could go that fast.:p

ralleia likes this.
  5. Michael Hooks Jr.

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  6. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Gore III was going 100mph+ on the freeway when he was busted. Led to a bunch of articles and late night jokes playing off the fact that people are too stupid to realize the Prius can go over 100mph let alone over 55mph.

7. Michael Hooks Jr.

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wow, he probably holds the record then haha. Props for getting clocked at over 100 in a prius.

ralleia likes this.
  8. Michael Hooks Jr.

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Nevermind, I thought Gore III was a forum members name. I did not realize this was Al Gore's son. No props to anyone related to the Gore family lololololololol

ralleia likes this.
  9. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That ticket would of been double or triple that out here in California...

10. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Would have been triple here too. One of my only speeding tickets (not in the Prius) was 45mph in a 25mph. Residential area down a mountain, the only people driving 25 were those too old to see over the steering wheel. Motorcycle cop pulled me over, gave me a ticket. Sat there all day getting people. Cost me $450. Everyone still goes 45-50 on that stretch of road.

11. B. Roberts

B. Roberts Hypah Milah! Ayuh.

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Driving south on I95 early morning during late Spring of 2005 in a '05 Prius, someplace in South Carolina where the two directions are completely separated by a forest of trees. I'm travelling with the back seat down and a full load of stuff for a 3 week family visit in Florida. Wife is in passenger seat, deep into some work on her laptop.

3 Audi TTs go by, first gens, obviously traveling together. No dealer plates so figured they were going to an event. Perfectly polished, black, green and silver. I was driving 70ish mph and they went by maybe 10 mph faster than I was going. I gently turned up the speed to keep up and look at them for a while.

So now the speed is 80ish. Sunny, not too warm, no wind and no traffic... it was mid week. After a few miles, I guess they figured that a silver Prius following was not to their liking, so they amped up the speed to 90 and I tagged along. Then they upped the speed to 100, and I was still there with them enjoying the drive and their cars.

At some point, my wife looked up and didn't seem to notice the speed. But she did notice the speedometer, and asked me why we were going 107 mph. Busted... I did let off the gas as I explained about the TTs up ahead.

The 3 TTs went past us again down the road a bit, and this time they waved. They had stopped for gas. I saw them at the pumps. I did notice that the Prius was getting about 38-39 mpg at 107. I thought that was pretty good, too! No ticket, but it was fun few miles while it lasted.:)

audiodave, ralleia, Tracksyde and 2 others like this.
  12. armoredsaint

armoredsaint Anti-Eco Company Car

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  13. milkman44

milkman44 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Not in the Prius, but got a ticket for 84 in a 55, out of state, was sure I was going to jail, but the officer was having a hard time trying not to laugh because he was setting in the median just over a rise and broadcasting on the CB. I was trying to catch a cutie, running topless in a Camaro, at least that's what the CB said. All they wanted was my $158.:rolleyes:

audiodave, ralleia and rogerv like this.
  14. TwoUnderPar

TwoUnderPar Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    /off topic/... Got a ticket for 114 in a 55 zone when I was in college. I was going about 130 and attempted to slow down when I saw headlights coming up over a hill about a mile in front of me. Got slowed down to 114 before the radar hit me. Obviously this wasn't a Prius. I'm older and wiser now....... /end off topic/ :rolleyes:

15. AdamA

AdamA New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Had my '08 Prius up to 107, Scangage was showing 100% engine load, ~5100RPM, and 65HP..... I was catching up to my Dad in his Grand National... :D Thank God I have those "V" rated GoodYears's on there... (y)

16. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    you should win an award for most unsafe picture taken while driving a Prius... Maybe someone will come along and do the same 10mph faster than you? :) Come on folks... We gotta a record to beat! You too can be a winner!

17. armoredsaint

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three

it was very safe, the pic isn't blurry;) :D

spiderman and PriusCamper like this.
  18. Jon Hagen

Jon Hagen Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Nope not even close, my gen 3 goes 115. :)

19. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I know... It was so safe I think you could go even faster next time... I mean what are the odds that passing a big rig going 40mph faster than it means the big rig driver doesn't see you after he checks to make a safe lane change. Faster... You should definitely drive even faster!!! And it's not like Ohio State Patrol is going to care at all once one of us emails them your photo, right? You really do need to drive faster!!!

20. armoredsaint

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    :cautious:

not sure if serious...

who said it was even in Ohio or even me!

PriusCamper likes this.