1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who is going to run to replace Dubya?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Syclone, Jun 27, 2006.

1. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Jun 30 2006, 01:10 AM) [snapback]278998[/snapback]</div>
    I disrespect the President himself, not the office he holds.

And the original post did indeed make some very good points.

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Jun 30 2006, 09:19 AM) [snapback]279141[/snapback]</div>
    Yes and no:

A woman, yes.

But Hillary no.

Angela Davis is the candidate for me!

Or maybe Angela for president and Hillary for v.p.

3. Syclone

Syclone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Jun 30 2006, 08:16 PM) [snapback]279396[/snapback]</div>
    This is going to be a rant, so stand back.

The disrespect for the office of the president lies in the mendacious men that put this mental flea in office, not the majority of Americans that have finally recognized the absurd farce that they have perpetrated on us.

These are the same men who have no honor that wrap themselves in our precious flag and try suck some of the honor and undaunted courage of our men and women in Iraq and Afganistan like the vampires they are and claim it as their own.

This is not just a conservative/liberal issue. They are all thieves - interested in lining their own pockets first and foremost. It's just that the current pack of thieves have perfected their craft better than the previous pack of thieves. Mark Twain said: "There is no native criminal class except Congress" This should be expanded to include a 3 mile circle around the Capitol building.

The bottom line for going into Iraq is OIL and no-bid contracts - don't let anybody tell you different. I can see these SOB's sitting around in some sewer going over their "business plan". Let's see - we can foresee 3 to 4 billion in contracts to re-build the infrastructure - once we get oil production going, we can repay most of that expenditure, with a little taste for ourselves. Let's see, the down side is we have some casualties, maybe 2 to 3 thousand. That's acceptable - after all the armed forces lose that many in accidents in the course of a year. Acceptable to whom - none of these men have children in combat.

The only difference between the democrats and the republicans is that the fractious democrats would never have the guts to pull it off. And of course the don't have Carl Rove to spin it into something good.

4. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hopefully someone who would be an improvement over the current administration, like maybe the Keystone Cops.

5. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(syclone @ Jul 6 2006, 07:57 AM) [snapback]281994[/snapback]</div>
    Agreed. 100% You are a person of vision and insight.

6. bruceb

bruceb New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wstander @ Jun 27 2006, 08:29 PM) [snapback]277754[/snapback]</div>
    I politely disagree. I don't think she could beat McCain, Guliani, Allen etc. I think the DNC realizes that as well which is why I doubt she will receive the nomination. I personally hope she gets it as she will be easy to defeat.

7. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bruceb @ Jul 9 2006, 10:45 AM) [snapback]283393[/snapback]</div>
    I have to be honest about this, and it doesn't bode well for my Republican party. I just don't see any candidates to get excited about on the right. Even GWB was a horrible compromise for libertarian, conservative Republicans in the Ronald Reagan mold. And I don't see anyone on the horizon that isn't a "big government" Republican. McCain is more like GWB than most people realize; the only reason some liberals like him is that he also hates GWB just as they do. Put McCain out there, and if he sees some polling success, the Democrats will turn on him in a second.

What sets Hillary and people like Evan Bayh apart from the rest of the pack on the Democratic side is that they still support the GWOT and haven't spouted rhetoric about timed withdrawals from Iraq only to vote against a resolution on that matter. Those that have "spouted but not voted" appear foolish; those that voted for the timed withdrawal have another problem: they are out of step with the majority of Americans, can appear weak on the GWOT and would be trounced at the polls in a general election. If the Dems follow Bill Clinton's advice prior to his first run at the Presidency, they will nominate a candidate like Bill Clinton who is a moderate. Hillary has quite a bit of far left baggage, but I think her moderate stance as Senator positions her well. Evan Bayh, as Senator from Indiana, is another in that mold: Indiana isn't the northeast, and he's avoided the far left moniker.

Hillary's problem in the general election is the same type of problem GWB had ... that nasty sneer. As First Lady she incensed small business owners when asked about the crippling cost of her planned universal health care by sneering "I'm not responsible for every under capitalized business". She also set off millions of women with her snotty comment about not "Staying at home and baking cookies" comment.

As evidenced in this thread, many on the left have a disdain for the American people, citing the American electorate as being stupid, blindly following their leaders, being "sheeple" or other insulting phrases. The American electorate is not stupid; in fact, it is much smarter than the hysterical contingent on the left give them credit for. The proof of this is that, once insulted, the American electorate continues to turn a cold shoulder to the hysterical left on election day.

8. wstander

wstander New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jun 30 2006, 05:27 PM) [snapback]279404[/snapback]</div>

I trust you were 'firing for effect' and do not think Angela Davis is a good choice :unsure:

9. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wstander @ Jul 9 2006, 11:26 AM) [snapback]283410[/snapback]</div>
    Okay. A "poor choice" as a candidate in that she'd lose. But if the media was not guaranteed to lie about her and red-bait her and if it were actually possible for a leftist person of color to get a fair hearing, and if she could actually get elected, she'd be far and away the best president in my lifetime. (Of course, that's not really saying much, considering the string of wimps, idiots, and criminals who have occupied that office in the last half-century.)

10. Syclone

Syclone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(syclone @ Jun 27 2006, 11:41 PM) [snapback]277863[/snapback]</div>
    Here is an example of James Dolan's intellect as a parallel of Dubya's

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/26/sports/b...l/26araton.html

11. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Who can tell me about Ron Paul. I was traveling over the weekend and saw many yard signs.

12. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 27 2006, 10:13 PM) [snapback]277788[/snapback]</div>
    :huh: :mellow: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That would be an interesting sight....

Ron Paul? Oh I saw a yard sized sign and thought it said Ru Paul for pres. :blink: that was at like mach 5 on the way to a call.... B)

I accually would like to see an extreme left liberal get into office. Just to say, neener neener neener, we told you so..... :p