1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who Is To Blame?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The blessed Jesse Jackson once said this to a black congregation: (paraphrased)

You find yourself walking down a dark urban street late one night and you see a band of men approaching you. They are black men, our brothers, wearing gang colors, and walking with an aggresive beat toward you.

Second scenario: They are young men wearing Hassidic attire, an alien culture to our Baptist ways. They are in deep conversation with one another.

Which group inspires the most confidence in you? Tell me which group encounter you would prefer.

He received the answers you would expect.

This is real life profiling, not the virtual kind. Nothing racial here, just statistics. Answer the same question yourself.

With statistics in mind, should we concentrate our efforts on the Muslim group of the ages mentioned, or on random samples which included former Vice President Al Gore? You get a vote on safety here, your own and your family's. Cast it.

I'm a retired airline Captain. I know how I would have liked my pasengers screened. Einstein once said, "God doesn't play dice." Neither should we.

2. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Sep 10 2006, 12:32 AM) [snapback]317236[/snapback]</div>

Jessie Jackson & Al Sharpton are two of the biggest racist kooks on the planet, niether can ever be taken seriously after they made fools of them selves at the last election.. they both should be sent over to iraq and used as car bomb checkers... :rolleyes:

3. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Sep 10 2006, 06:31 AM) [snapback]317300[/snapback]</div>
    A lot of well thought out reason and logic in that answer. Outside of knee-jerk bias, where does this diatribe approach the question? If one can't handle ideas then the best to do is attack those who can. The question, I thought, was about profiling. This was an interesting example, I thought, no matter who the author was.

I wouldn't vote for either of them for much of anything. Jackson is the Zelig of modern politics. However I never saw Sharpton make a fool of himself. The person who put his foot in his mouth most often during the last election had a much lighter complexion. Sharpton overreached quite a bit in running for President but usually had very precise and pertinent views is his debates with the heavyweights of the match. THEY never laughed at him. Chris Matthews seems to think he is quite interesting even today, having him as a frequent guest. Now let's hear what a jerk HE is.

I never mentioned Sharpton. What is it about him that made you lump him with Jackson? Let me think.....they're both ministers? Nah! Couldn't be you see things through racial filters yourself, could it? I guess black men who have the audacity to express themselves should be sent on suicide missions to knock off such dangerous trends. Where is the Klan when you need them?

Well spoken, PG. The debate team is looking for you!

4. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Sep 10 2006, 11:53 AM) [snapback]317341[/snapback]</div>
    Ohhh thank you, I'll go right over "not".

They both spread hate and lies when it comes to politics or anything else that will get them in the lime light.. I think they could get their message accross with out the lies and appear less extreme loony lefts (way out in left field in a leauge of thier own).. I listened to them criticise katrina and the elections and at other public events, they both cause civil unrest and bring up the hate for the non- black sect..

Speaking of the klan, most Klan action was designed to intimidate black voters and white supporters of the Republican Party. Klansmen often dressed in outlandish ghost style costumes. Where are they ? The clan, they must be heading to your house for tea.... :rolleyes:

As for a president I dont care if the pres is a male / female/ white/black or hispanic or dem / rep or ind. As long as they are not fake and can stand up for america and our constiution (in god we trust).