1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who Killed the Electric Car? (Movie)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dvdirv, Jul 23, 2006.

1. dvdirv

dvdirv Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Has anyone see the new documentary WHO KILLED THE ELECTRIC CAR?

It's only playing in select cities. Any references to Prius or hybrids in general in the film?

I know that when the first Prius was introduced in 1997 and GM came to inspect it, their take was that Americans wouldn't be interested in a hybrid.

How times have changed! :unsure:

2. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dvdirv @ Jul 23 2006, 08:28 AM) [snapback]290896[/snapback]</div>
    I saw the movie on 7/14 at it's opening day in Hartford. Great movie, highly educational. See it if you can.

Yes, there are certainly several references to the Prius although it is certainly not what I would call "featured" in the film.

And if you've seen the movie, do put in a rating here: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=wh...electriccar.htm

3. LaughingMan

LaughingMan Active Member

I'm going to head to the city (Boston) to see the movie today. I'll post my thoughts on it, maybe a little review, maybe a little of my own commentary on the message after I get back.

4. edselpdx

edselpdx Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Great movie... made me feel a bit guilty for driving a gas hog like a Prius. I'm seriously considering the plug in mod (PHEV) when I have the $$$. The Prius is referenced, but the movie is definitely not about hybrids primarily. The movie is an informative and entertaining story about GM and the death of the EV-1. I highly recommend the movie. I got to see it here in Portland a couple of weeks ago when it played as a benefit, with the director (who drives a Prius) in attandance. Really enjoyed the film! Go see it! It has essentially no advertising budget, so you'll have to hunt it down.

http://www.sonyclassics.com/whokilledtheelectriccar/

5. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It's seen and mentioned a few times, mostly near the end.

I think the Prius will feature prominently in the future film "Who Killed the Hydrogen Fuel Cell Car." (#5 in the miracles needed for a hydrogen fuel cell car.)