1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who likes the stock speakers?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Stratman, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Vman455

Vman455 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The stock headunit puts out a pretty clean signal. The lack of bass response in the other speakers you tested was more likely due to their sensitivity and frequency response range--you can't just expect all speakers of the same size to have the same response range and curve. I'm running Precision Power 3-ways up front (with their AMT tweeter--amazing!) and a Stereo Integrity BM Mk IV under the trunk floor, with the full-range signal from the stock headunit run through a DSP-88R. I have the front midbass crossed at 85 Hz; they don't like to play much lower than 45.

CoolPrius likes this.
  2. qdllc

qdllc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That was an issue for me. I thought it'd be nice to have the upgraded sound system, but then I realized every stock sound system I've had for the last 15 years was pretty darn good for "driving music." If you live in your car, I could see wanting concert hall quality.