1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who needs Black Friday when there is Cyber Monday?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by ctbering, Dec 1, 2008.

1. ctbering

ctbering Rambling Man

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Some of these prices are very good and you don't have to ruin your Thanksgiving to rush out at 4 am the next morning..... or worry
    about being trampled by crazy shoppers buying those limited items.

2. rbasho

rbasho New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Oh geez, that trampling was a bit of craziness. I have NEVER shopped on black friday, now I have even less of a reason to.

Anyway, I am definitely hitting some deals, even though I wasn't even aware of Cyber Monday's existence before today... :)

3. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ha, I went shopping on Black Friday....got me a 4.5hp 14 gallon wet/dry vacuum for $29 at Lowe's....saved me $60. Went and got it at 1PM too, 4 left

4. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Black Friday is the day i spend inside, warm and cozy playing board and card games with the family :)

5. effwitt

effwitt Paparazzi Magnet

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I enjoy standing in line in the pre-dawn hours chatting with strangers in sub-freezing temperatures. In the Best Buy line, the guy right in front of me was from India and it was the first "Black Friday" for him and his wife who was eight months pregnant. She was so wrapped up in the excitement that she refused to stay in the car warm and off her feet.

After Best Buy, it was off to Walmart. I was at the end of a line of people that was nearly a quarter mile long. It was amazing how fast people flowed into the store (no one was trampled locally). When the isles would become clogged it was fun to people watch. Checkout was about a five minute wait and I was home before 6 AM.

6. xsmatt81

xsmatt81 non-AARP Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    zipzoomfly had some killer deals on new i7 chips monday...well 30 bucks off anyway...now back to regular price.

will wait till mid 2009 to upgrade meh, waiting on what Phenom II will delt out anywho.

7. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Although extremely rare, there are some stores who have great Black Friday sales without limited quantities.

For example, here in the New York Area, PC Richards was selling the Panasonic 42" Plasma HDTV (720p) for $577. They had plenty of stock. You could go practically any time of the day on Black Friday and pick one up. And if they ran out, they gave you a raincheck. Last year, when they sold the same TV on Black Friday for $699, my brother went there in the evening and bought three of them.