1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who says they should??..

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by ♡myPeeus, Apr 12, 2017.

1. ♡myPeeus

♡myPeeus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I recently had my service completed at a dealer. Lol
    So when I inspected my Prius like I usually do when it has been at a dealer, and noticed again. (3X it has happened) the under carriage cover had the clips left off again. Grrr and its hanging.

Should they fix or replace this cover??

Yes
    Or
    No

Why?

#dealerissues

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Probably broke them taking them off, didn't bother to replace, hope you won't notice. :mad: I've been there...

I would phone them up, explain, bring it in again and have them replace the missing fasteners. Maybe DIY time? If you do, whenever you remove the fasteners, wash them out in hot soapy water. It's the grit that jams them, cause them to break next time you attempt to remove.

RCO and bisco like this.
  3. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh no.....
    If you drove away without noticing the broken clips, then THEY obviously didn't break them.
    YOU did, and you're obviously trying to rook the nice, honest, hard-working techs in the dealership into making a repair that they're not responsible for.

#ownerissues.

Me?
    The Earth will be orbiting a cold, dead star before I let a (insert air quotes) "Toyota Certified Technician" anywhere near my car for an oil change....or for any other repair that I can find another way to accomplish.

BTDT back in the late 80s and it's STILL the #1 reason that I drive a Toyota every day at work but I haven't owned one since 1989.
    I weakened a few years back during one of the last fuel price spikes and spent about 7 minutes at a GEN-U-WINE Toyota dealership, and re-affirmed that decision.

If my commute goes back over 3 miles, and gas goes back over $2-3????
    I may re-assess.....but if I do buy another Toyota, they WILL NOT change my oil.

Ever!

To answer the OP's question:
    No.

Why??????
    Fix it and move on to another oil change method.
    You cannot afford a "free" fix by this dealer.

RCO and ♡myPeeus like this.
  4. ♡myPeeus

♡myPeeus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Whelp this time they were good on their words. They fixed the darn thing and off I went.
    After drooling on a new 2017 Prius. That is.

Nahhh not owner issues sadly mistaken, it has been a few days since I had them service it. I drove home and it sat in the garage because of the shitty weather.

RCO and bisco like this.
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yes. just because.:cool:

♡myPeeus likes this.
  6. ♡myPeeus

♡myPeeus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Curious what is the best way in finding a good honest mechanic? Who will be educated and have knowledge on vehicle's made in the 21st century? Last dude that held my life in his dirty hands scalped me, then went for my truck. I Buried it two years ago. #sadday So while in a panic state of mind with no good cars/trucks selling at this time I went into a Toyota dealer. These boots more than once kicked my @#! Trusting the wrong monkeys.

RCO likes this.
  7. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Several independent Prius-oriented maintenance shops have been discussed here over the years. Some Certified shops have also been praised. Archive search.

Crowd sourced reviews of maintenance shops in general:
    Mechanics Files | Car Talk