1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who's mailed it? Clean Air Vehicle Sticker applications

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by LT1bird, Aug 11, 2005.

1. Kablooie

Kablooie Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The stickers I saw were white. At the time, (Last November) I wrote:

"There were three, large, rather ugly, reflective stickers that said "<> access" and had a California seal and serial number on it. There was one on both rear panels and a smaller one on the bumper. At first I thought they were temporary advertising stickers for a new car. "

They were on a 2004 Prius too! It was driving out of the service area at Longo Toyota.

I wanted to ask the guy, an asian gentleman, how he got them but I didn't get the chance. Maybe it was some kind of test vehicle from Toyota, I don't know but I remember being shocked at the size of the stickers.

Hope the new ones are more reasonable.

2. Goughy

Goughy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    California DMV has banked my $8 check :D

-Richard

3. wstander

wstander New Member

Reality check here. I only have to have a 1X2 tab on a rear license plate to prove that my vehicle is registered in this state. That bit of reflective plastic cost me a variable amount each year; ~$220 or so. Since I have been a Prius owner for only 4 weeks, I have seen at least 100 incidents for which an officer could correctly cite the motorist-speeding, tailgating, incorrect lane changes, etc. In my morning commute over the Coronado-San Diego bridge, I am just about the only who drives the posted speed of 50...no cops bust any speeders that I have ever seen.

My point is this: I only really need a sticker on my vehicle license plate to 'prove' my right to be in the HOV lane should I be pulled over. A larger sticker, placed on each of the rear side windows, would also alert passersby of my 'green-acity' and not detract from the aestetics of the car. My car is not a cab or bus for hire, nor a CalTrans demonstration vehicle; this is my private property.

4. ScubaX

ScubaX Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    OK, your trying to use logic for the DMV or CA State government? Does that mean your not going to put the stickers on?

5. wstander

wstander New Member

Still thinking.....

there is only one true HOV lane in San Diego county: 8.3 miles from Kearney Mesa to Sabre Springs. Since the Scripps Poway Parkway opened, I have not even thought of using the HOV until now (because of the stickers..)

Yeah, I appreciate the humor versus logic with the state. CA isn't the only one like that

6. Erick

Erick Member

Mine went through last Friday. They don't waste ANY time cashing our checks do they...

7. davedog

davedog Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    supposedly driving is a privelege, not a right.

and that goes for the HOV lanes... definitely...

so in order for us to use them, we gotta sell our souls... i mean put on stickers.

8. wstander

wstander New Member

I just checked my account, state has not cashed my check yet....

paranoia

Maybe I won't be a chosen one ;-P

davedog, I agree...ugly-fication is da rule

I did not want to put a front plate on my Miata either, but I did comply

9. The Nanny

The Nanny New Member

A suggestion has been made to put the sticker onto some clear bra material. That way you wouldn't damage the paint. Of course, that would make it easier for someone to steal it.
    [snapback]116578[/snapback]​
    [/b][/quote]

What is "clear bra material?

10. The Nanny

The Nanny New Member

What is "clear bra material?
    [snapback]141176[/snapback]​
    [/quote]
    :blink: