1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who's Marching Tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

:D

2. dsunman

dsunman New Member

Is that all? :lol:

3. Schmika

Schmika New Member

I don't know enough about the "location" that the Canadians are placed. I also don't think it has anything to do with any other country than the "lead" dog.

Let's be honest, if America pulls out, EVERYONE else does. We are the linchpin. So, the idea is to get America to lose its resolve.

This is a multi-faceted front. Kill as many Americans as possible, make it look hopeless (a'la civil war), cause as much PAIN and EMBARASSMENT (read Abu Gahrib, Guantanamo, etc) as possible.

Hey, the libs want to compare it to Vietnam...let's compare. We failed in Vietnam PRIMARILY because of the lack of support at home.

Things do not occur in a Vacumn. Yes, we were in a country that had elements non supportive of us. Yes, they were fighting for their home and we were occupiers. This occured in WWII as well. I believe a big difference is the home front support.

It makes no difference if the war is wrong or not. My point is you CANNOT be for the troops and against the war. Kind of like..."With friends like you...who needs enemies.

If I was called, I would serve. I don't want my son to be hurt or die (he is the Marine)...but I am DAMN proud he is serving. Every anti-war/ anti- Bush / anti-america thing I hear is a slap in my face.......and I have shame in my heart for my countryMEN (not country) when I hear them.

4. Mystery Squid

Oooooh, you're really going to attract the ire of A LOT of folks here with that one!

:lol:

5. Mystery Squid

Perhaps... :D

6. fuelsipper

fuelsipper New Member

I can understand your feelings with a son in the Marines. If that was not the case, would you still have the same outlook on the war?

I believe Nam was a mistake, we should not have gone there, and Iraq is the same. And I think a majority of americans feel the same. According to last weeks Wall Street Journal, the Iraq War has a 37 percent backing..quite a statistic from that rag...
    Get out now...bring the troops home, save their lives in a cival war and...save the 195 Million Dollars spent every day there,

Eric

7. dsunman

dsunman New Member

Would eradicating an entire North Vietnamese population have resulted in winning the war?
    How many dead does it take?

8. Mystery Squid

The long and the short:

The liberal influence has effectively neutered our country.

We are doomed because of the actions of a vocal few who are being heard by zombies who would prefer to be fed ill begotten propaganda as opposed to seeking out the truth rationally, and objectively. They are the black rot on the foundation of our great country, the price we pay for giving any idiot the ability to stand up on a soap box with a mega phone.

In this day and age, you want to make a lot of "friends", feel all warm, mushy, and loved? Simply say you hate Bush and the war in Iraq is unjust, it's currently probably the most effective pick up line! :lol:

9. Schmika

Schmika New Member

The Iraq war started before my son joined and my feelings have not changed. Why do people think you can ONLY feel for the soldiers if there is one in the family. Hey, look at my job....I LIVE to serve and to put my life on the line for ALL innocents.

I have not studied Vietnam. I get the sense we may have gotten into that badly. That was then, this is now. Regardless, once our Commander-in-Chief sent us to Vietnam...we were obligated to support it.

The way OUT is to VOTE the supporters out. ALL countries need to know that the citizens of this country run it, and if we return a leader who is prosecuting a war...then WE are for the war.

Hey, these are my opinions and opinions are like butts, we all have them and they ALL stink to others.

10. dsunman

dsunman New Member

You must have rolled a massive spliff tonight, you need to cross ventilate your basement man... :lol:

11. Mystery Squid

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

12. dsunman

dsunman New Member

Would you say it's ok to detonate a 5 megaton one over Bagdad? If our current Commander-in-Chief requests?

13. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Let me answer it this way. The pilot, or bombadier, does not have the RIGHT to not follow that order in this situation. Now, if Bush ordered a 5 megaton over Winnepeg...that is an obvious unjust order. It has to do with war zone...not war zone.

Sorry gang, there were too many valid reasons TO go into Iraq to make this anything more than a difference of opinion. And if it is just a difference of opinion...then the leader's word GOES!

I am in a paramilitary organization. I am a supervisor and on weekends, I am IT!!!!(as far as "leader")

In a critical situation (or even not so critical) I cannot have my decisions challenged "in the field". If you have NEVER been in a job that requires a decision that could "hurt" someone...you will have a hard time understanding that.

14. Schmika

Schmika New Member

BTW, that avatar is a HOOT and I am a cat lover (got 3)

15. dsunman

dsunman New Member

Got one cat as well, and that's his favorite hat, kidding. :lol:

The idea comes from infamous Danish cartoons about the Prophet.

16. Mystery Squid

Ok, I'll bite on this one...

I would not blindly say yes or no.

There had better be good reason, and not only would he have to convince me, a single person, but rather a far larger, more diverse group.

17. Schmika

Schmika New Member

NO NO NO!!!! Don't ya see....our military cannot....CANNOT...operate on this type of reasoning. It would cease to function.

18. Mystery Squid

Dude, it's a theoretical question designed to illustrate a point. We shouldn't put blind faith into our leaders. Of course, the counter argument is we elected them in the first place, but even so... Such a drastic measure should not lie upon the shoulders of one man, yet at the same time, he needs to be effective on a moment's notice. There isn't an easy, or perfect answer.

However, if the author of this little example wanted to really drive home the point, he'd add in a time component. Whereas you'd have no time to gather/examine all the facts/theories/scenarios, etc. In that situation, I'd say we elected the President in the first place to take upon this great responsibility, if he deems it necessary, so be it.

19. fuelsipper

fuelsipper New Member

Schmika,

At what point would you stop following your leader?

Mai Lai comes to mind....

20. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Karl:

I'm not trying to draw you into an arguement here. I'm just trying to debate something.

We actually had *much* greater cause to intervene in Rwanda, but what did the world do? Nothing, we did s***, that's what, because there are no resources worth speaking of there. "Official" counts are around 800,000 and new estimates are in the "low" millions.

A country we fairly certainly can prove in possession of WMD's is North Korea, and that's a UN thing. Both Inda and Pakistan possess WMD's, they have *proven* they have nukes.

The whole Iraq WMD has fallen flat on its face. George Tenet's "slam dunk" is nothing of the sort. Now we're doing it for the "greater good" of the Iraqi people. What will be the next excuse? Oh, right, Rummy told us: comparing/contrasting Saddam to Hitler.

Powel was right about one thing, and I'll paraphrase: we broke it, we bought it. Whether that was initially supporting Saddam and encouraging him, to raining Agent Orange all over Vietnam and UXO's all over Cambodia, we've broken the situation.

Now, how do we fix it? What will it cost? Beats me.