1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who's still waiting...and for how long?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by efusco, Oct 18, 2004.

1. LeStarTech

LeStarTech New Member

I put my order/deposit on March 1st of 2004 and at that time I was told it would probably be September/October time frame for delivery. I am now number 8 on the list and should probably make the second allocation of November which means I should see the car in later December....maybe by Christmas? I live in Minnesota, am paying $500 less than MSRP and am only on one list, the dealer that is closest to my house. Walser Bloomington Toyota, they send me emails twice a month with the allocation numbers, currently they have 120 people on their list and are telling them it will be a year long wait. I have gotten my keychain, and discount coupons from Toyota along with a few "we haven't forgotten about you" letters also. I have been building a new garage/house addition so the time has gone quickly with other projects to keep me busy. The garage is done now, so the Prius will have nice new virgin cement to sit on :D

2. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Congrats...welcome to the group... have fun with your new car... I'll start your journey off with 10 points as well... if you had to go south from Stockton I'd toss in a bowl of pea soup...

Bob Andersen

3. Hytec

Hytec New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Our order was placed on August 6, 2004, and we took delivery on October 25, 2004. Fortunately (for us) the two people ahead of us on the list turned down the vehicle for whatever reason....?

Love the Prius!!!! She already has almost 300 miles from playing with the Nav system guiding us to remote places on country roads...NEAT! We especially like her telling us to "In 1/4 mile, do a legal U-turn!." What she did not say was "Hey Numbskull, I told you to turn left back there!!!" Talk about getting instant humility. :oops:

Stealth Green :mrgreen:

4. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hytec\";p=\"47478)</div>

Congrats to you too, Hank... but if you continue to NOT follow her directions or change the language to French... she WILL sound like a sailor... :lol: (just kidding)

How did you get a car that quickly, when a friend in Houston TX has been waiting since Jan or Feb??

Bob Andersen

5. Hytec

Hytec New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Can't say. Our dealer, Allen Toyota of Gulfport, MS has been allocated about 2 per month. I was #19 on the list when I signed up in August, and 14 had already been delivered. Then 1 each came in for the August and September allocations and were delivered. Then when the one I have came up as the first allocation for October, the two people ahead of me turned her down.

It's possible that the Prius is not that well known or popular in South Mississippi. Also the GM told me that he was getting a bunch of sign-ups from New Orleans, Jackson, and Mobile until he added $1K to the MSRP earlier this year. Now he tends to serve more of the local folks. He also dropped the $1K add-on when I agreed to take the car if he dropped it.

They say "No amount of Planning beats Dumb Luck!" :)

6. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I like that quote...

also have good friends Paul and Kay Vanderley in Gulfport..

Bob Andersen

7. Hytec

Hytec New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Sadly, I don't know them. But if they're your friends, I'm sure they're neat people. On the down side, they live in what's called "Occupied Orange Grove", an area that was annexed 10-12 years ago without a local vote. It amortized and enhanced our tax base, but absolutely screwed them.....! Oh well, sometimes you get the Bear, and sometimes the Bear gets you. :cussing:

8. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Paul builds GM motors for round track cars as well as being a partner with a friend of mine in California in a Bonneville car... havent seen him in about 10 years... know they were at Bonneville this year chasing the 212 mph record for the class...

understand getting the bear... and the other way too

Bob Andersen

9. forte88

forte88 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I only waited a few weeks, and in Southern California. Most dealers wanted a deposit, to be put on a list. I10 Toyota near Indio put me on a list without a deposit. They called me in a couple weeks saying a Black one was on the way. Although I didn't get the package I would have hoped for in the options (it was only a package 3) I jumped on it anyway. I did have to pay 2k over msrp tho. They wanted 4k over msrp in the beginning so it took some bargaining!

10. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Welcome, we owners know that you will enjoy your Prius no matter which option package you got.... and to get it in a few weeks is a feat in itself..

Bob Andersen

11. bookrats

bookrats New Member

12. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Happy for you...happy motoring, electric that is!;)