1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why are people obsessed with Lindsey Lohan ?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by roryjr, May 31, 2007.

1. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 1 2007, 01:04 PM) [snapback]453359[/snapback]</div>
    I thought she was really good, too. Actually, the only one I didn't like is Kevin Kline, which is weird because I normally love his work.

2. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What's interesting to me is the comparison of how the media treats young men vs. young women.
    The transition from boy to man has always been kind of celebrated as an akward, mischievious time. 10-20 years ago, we used to see these kind of tabloid stories about celebrity boys struggling to mature. But when it was girls getting in trouble, it was kind of downplayed/hidden. Now we see these stories about girls instead, and not so much about boys. As pointed out, the media knows exactly what stories sell, by web hits and etc. and they are just feeding the dirty laundry people seem to want.

3. thebrattygurl

thebrattygurl New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darwood @ Jun 1 2007, 01:29 PM) [snapback]453382[/snapback]</div>
    That is an astute observation, as I look at alot of scoop/trash magazines for fun!

While "Linds" may be a tart, thank goodness there aren't a million pictures of her "va-jay-jay" all over the internet and in magazines, like someone else's!

4. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Jun 1 2007, 02:28 PM) [snapback]453380[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, he didn't play Guy Noir in the same manner as Keillor portrays him on the radio show. I thought the part was a bit off. Woody Harrelson and the other actor (name escapes me) who played Dusty and Lefty were fine, but the rumor is that they originally going to be played by Lyle Lovett and Tom Waits. I don't know what happened. That would have been great.
    Sadly, the last film by Robert Altman.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(thebrattygurl @ Jun 1 2007, 02:37 PM) [snapback]453387[/snapback]</div>
    For daniel's benefit, that is what is meant by "hoo-haw". :)

5. thebrattygurl

thebrattygurl New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 1 2007, 01:46 PM) [snapback]453394[/snapback]</div>
    HAHAHA! That cracks me up.

The only other person I know who has never heard of "Linds" lives in almost complete isolation somewhere in Northern Cali and is our VP of Finance. He doesn't know who anybody in Hollywood is. When he told me that, I was astonished, impressed and intrigued all at once! I'm sure he has never heard of a va-jay-jay or hoo-haw either...roflmao.

6. zapranoth

zapranoth New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  7. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zapranoth @ Jun 1 2007, 06:01 PM) [snapback]453568[/snapback]</div>
    Wow- that is amazing! I was hypnotized after watching it for about 30 minutes or so! :huh: :blink:

8. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darwood @ Jun 1 2007, 02:29 PM) [snapback]453382[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah nevermind the weekly superstar male college / pro athlete that was destined for greatness who gets in hot water weekly.
    There is no bias towards young female starlets, we as a society love to gossip and see others fail and lose everything, it is only heightened when it is someone who is perceived as being set for life. Idiots and losers come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and social classes.

9. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 1 2007, 08:21 AM) [snapback]453228[/snapback]</div>
    Links please. I've posted the links to my organ. References to information on the internet should always include links.

10. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jun 1 2007, 06:54 PM) [snapback]453607[/snapback]</div>
    OK daniel, you asked for it! I really didn't want to do this, but there are tons of photos of Lindsay's "hoo haw" on the internet. DO NOT click on this link if you are at work, or are offended by frontal nudity!
    ***deleted***
    On second thought, I better not post the link- I don't know whether it is permissible to post links to offensive sites on the forum. If anyone REALLY wants to see Lindsay's "hoo haw", PM me and I will give you the link. Or, just do a Google image search and you'll find plenty of photos!

11. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 1 2007, 08:21 AM) [snapback]453228[/snapback]</div>
    <div align="center">!!LOLOLOLOL!!</div>

Hoo Haws do seem to have a strange attraction on most folks. I blame my mother. ;)

Wildkow

12. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 1 2007, 07:20 PM) [snapback]453618[/snapback]</div>
    Did the google image search and turned off the google content filter, turned up another one of those upskirt shots of her goods getting out of the car pic, what a whore. At least strippers and chicks in magazines are getting paid to show their stuff.

13. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(morpheusx @ Jun 1 2007, 11:00 PM) [snapback]453746[/snapback]</div>
    Oh yeah,I forgot to say you have to turn off Google's "hoo haw" filter.

14. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(morpheusx @ Jun 1 2007, 08:00 PM) [snapback]453746[/snapback]</div>
    While you might say she's a bad person (your use of the word "whore" seems to imply you think that's a bad thing) for not being ashamed of her genitalia, I draw the opposite conclusion: Sexual prudery is the consequence of the religious bullsh!t that pervades our society. While I will defend your right to cover your body if you so choose, I will assert that the person who is not ashamed of her body is far healthier. Insulting people who allow their bodies to be seen is far more blameworthy than allowing your body to be seen.

It all comes back to the religious prudery that insists that sex is dirty, that anything that arouses sexual interest is dirty, and that anybody that someone else views with sexual interest is dirty. One more example of how religion has turned our entire society sick.

15. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jun 2 2007, 12:40 PM) [snapback]453929[/snapback]</div>
    Of course you are right about that, and it's unfortunate that our society is so prudish about sex and nudity, yet violence is condoned. However, I don't think the reason that we see all these photos of Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, and Paris Hilton in short skirts without underwear is because they have a healthy attitude about their bodies. I think it's more likely that they are out drunk and partying, and don't know what they are doing. For that reason I don't think that they are the best role models for young girls.

16. thebrattygurl

thebrattygurl New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 2 2007, 12:00 PM) [snapback]453941[/snapback]</div>
    And I would like to second that!

17. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 2 2007, 10:00 AM) [snapback]453941[/snapback]</div>
    They may be lousy role models, but I was responding to the person who called her a whore for wearing clothing that permitted low-life photographers to snap a shot of her showing more than is customary to show in public.

18. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Sally Struthers made one of my favorite quotes: "If a man is pictured chopping off a woman's breast, it only gets a R rating, but if, God forbid, a man is pictured kissing a woman's breast, it gets an X rating."

19. Dr Ed

Dr Ed New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jun 1 2007, 10:16 AM) [snapback]453220[/snapback]</div>
    In Texas its pronounced "hee-haw."

People are fascinated with her because she is the quintessential air head.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zapranoth @ Jun 1 2007, 05:01 PM) [snapback]453568[/snapback]</div>
    That is likely a "medication" side effect.

20. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 1 2007, 08:43 PM) [snapback]453764[/snapback]</div>
    Well, I have to say, that what turned up when I did that was pretty tame, and out of focus. I've seen a lot more, and better, in PG13 rated movies.

The conventional pics make her look pretty, though. As for her being an "air head" she can't possibly be any worse than the people running our country. :(