1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why are people obsessed with Lindsey Lohan ?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by roryjr, May 31, 2007.

1. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jun 2 2007, 07:09 PM) [snapback]454079[/snapback]</div>
    Good point.

2. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jun 2 2007, 04:30 PM) [snapback]454018[/snapback]</div>
    She is in the public spotlight and she knows that cameras are following her every move. She as well as others have the occasional "wardrobe malfunction" strictly for attention, which by definition makes her a whore. She may sing songs with quotes like "why don't they just let me live", but if she truly wanted the lowlife photographers to get off of her she could just not give so many great photo's of her being a trashed up loser with no class. Bottomline is the camera never lies and portrays you for who you are.

3. morpheusx

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jun 2 2007, 04:30 PM) [snapback]454018[/snapback]</div>
    She is in the public spotlight and she knows that cameras are following her every move. She as well as others have the occasional "wardrobe malfunction" strictly for attention, which by definition makes her a whore. She may sing songs with quotes like "why don't they just let me live", but if she truly wanted the lowlife photographers to get off of her she could just not give so many great photo's of her being a trashed up loser with no class. Bottomline is the camera never lies and portrays you for who you are.

4. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    In some ways I feel sorry for her. Fame can be fickle and cruel. A celebrity's life is lived under a microscope, with every pimple on a thousand sites for all to see. Any chance to grow up normally was taken from her long ago.

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(morpheusx @ Jun 2 2007, 09:40 PM) [snapback]454226[/snapback]</div>
    You have a brand new definition of "whore" then. "Whore" is a vulgar and disparraging term for a person, generally female, who provides sex in return for money.

The word for the kind of person you are describing is "exhibitionist." And while narrow religious prudery may condemn exhibitionism, I consider the prude to be far more pitiful than the exhibitionist.

So, by definition assuming your description of her is correct, she is not a whore, she is an exhibitionist. Let's keep our definitions straight.

6. morpheusx

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jun 3 2007, 09:22 AM) [snapback]454327[/snapback]</div>
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/whore
    Seems to me she satisfys definition 2 and 3

7. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Which begs the question: Why are guys who are promiscuous "playas" and "studs" who are looked up to, while women who are are "sluts" and "whores" who are looked down on?

8. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(morpheusx @ Jun 3 2007, 01:24 PM) [snapback]454428[/snapback]</div>
    Definition 3 would also apply to most politicians and corporate heads.

9. morpheusx

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 3 2007, 01:51 PM) [snapback]454456[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, I would say most politicians fit the definition, or you could call them sell outs. But what do I know because according to Daniel, I am just a brainwashed religious prude who ironically has nothing else to do on a lazy sunday afternoon. I would have said that girl is the devil!! but that would make me the mom from Waterboy.

10. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Showing your hoo haw to the paparazzi, is one thing.
    Showing it off at a Nickelodean award show for kids is a whole other ball of slut.

11. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darwood @ Jun 4 2007, 10:02 AM) [snapback]454905[/snapback]</div>
    Did she actually do that?

12. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes. She walked down the "catwalk" type stage with kids on both sides able to look up her skirt and find her going commando. I have no pics to back that up, I saw it on some show about celebrity oops.

13. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 4 2007, 11:04 AM) [snapback]454967[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, she did...a quick search isn't leading me to the picture (keywords like 'no underwear' or 'upskirt' lead to so many hits in her case!!). As I recall she was wearing a short empire-waisted dress, kind of a warm beige...and yes, there are photos of her, not even taken from below, revealing more than I'd care to see...

Pretty cheap, I think; you *know* she knew she'd be walking down an elevated platform with kids on each side, looking up at her.

I guess I'm kind of old fashioned, but I find myself feeling a bit embarassed for her, primarily. I suspect that more of the girls than we realize, who saw her that night, exclaimed 'eeeew!!' and didn't approve, either (or, at least, that's my fervent hope).

14. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    A Google image search (filters off) on "Lindsay Lohan" and Nickelodeon brings up her mooning.