1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

why buy a used prius instead of a new XXXXXXXXX?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by thedutchtouch, Dec 23, 2008.

1. thedutchtouch

thedutchtouch prius is my SUV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i'm actually looking for a caar that will be a 85-90% highway vehicle, and theres no way im getting a 400 dollar 80's corolla, i'm trying to trade up in reliability not down.

thanks for the ongoing input, the buyer on my car's ebay auction backed out so i relisted it and have roughly 2 days to go, keeping my fingers crossed it sells for real this time.

2. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Class Clown

Silicon Valley, CA --- Land of Fruits & Nuts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Considering the state of the economy and the current price of oil, the asking prices of used Prius automobiles is higher than they should be. (Here on the west coast, there are plenty of new Prius automobiles available AND a large supply of used Prius automobiles on the market.) Why don't you wait about a month or so until after the new Prius is formally announced. The price of used Prius automobiles should fall to a more reasonable level.

Good Luck,

Keith

3. Bohous

Bohous New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Lots of good advice here. You can't go wrong with either car but I'm in the camp that hates the immediate depreciation you get with the new car but I know there are others here who like the security and added value of maximizing the warranty by buying new. However, right now there are a lot of dealers offering 0% financing on new cars, which you probably cannot get on a pre-owned car. Something to take into consideration.
    Honestly, if it were just me or me and my wife (no kids) I would likely be driving a Corolla or Civic instead of the Prius. There is no shame in getting high 20's -30s MPG. Drive both cars and buy which one you like the best.