1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why did they discontinue Salsa Red color?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Loveit, Sep 2, 2006.

1. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Added a bit of everclear eh? Back in the day, we called it Jungle Juice. Add some real fruit to give it an extra texture.

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(htmlspinnr @ Sep 4 2006, 11:50 AM) [snapback]314085[/snapback]</div>
    Im 31 so I still call it jungle juice lol

3. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(B Rad @ Sep 4 2006, 10:06 AM) [snapback]314031[/snapback]</div>
    Back when the '04 was new, Dianne Whitmire (Carson Toyota) and I were contemplating other colors. I came up with this animated GIF showing some more "interesting" choices.

[attachmentid=4847]

Enjoy!

-Rick

Attached Files:

4. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(B Rad @ Sep 4 2006, 01:06 PM) [snapback]314031[/snapback]</div>
    Again though, you have to make what will sell. For the type of buyer that purchases a Prius (fairly conservative) you just aren't going to sell pink, yellow, or purple cars and forget about two tone pink/grey. Think about what cars have colors like that, not many and they're typically much showier and sportier cars than the Prius.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Rick, I like the two blue colours and the green definitely looks interesting. In fact, it looks eerily similar to Electric Green Mica.

6. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(htmlspinnr @ Sep 4 2006, 02:59 PM) [snapback]314091[/snapback]</div>

I feel that the 2006 colors are quite uninspired. I would love a beautiful deep emerald or a forest green (British Racing Green) or even a deep pewter/silver instead of the ultra-lite non-silver we have now. This year's colors are too light and seem so "safe".

The Barcelona Red isn't bad, but I don't like the way it looks from the rear. There is too much contrast between the the red and the bright white lights and the dark hatch window under the spoiler.

I can't get into the silver pine mica at all. It's "different", but it's not something I would want to look at day after day.

The seaside pearl to me is just a really dull color. There are so many beautiful blues out there, from ultramarine to aquamarine. Who came up with this one?

7. Actual Mileage

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well I went absolutely crazy nutso and got silver.
    Happened to be the only Prius on the lot - but that was coincidence. B)

I don't get the idea of going in and ordering a car and waiting 8 or 12 weeks for it to be delivered.
    From the moment I decided I needed a Prius to when I drove home with it was less than 24 hours.
    Yes, ADHD is an issue. :blink: