1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why did you buy a v and not a Prius Liftback?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by harold, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The only difference I can think of between the 2012 Prius v and the 2013 model is the addition of SofTex for the steering wheel on 5 models and the addition of Sea Glass Pearl.

2. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    You inspired me to take your picture to the very end (of the world).
    [​IMG]

After all Oil, Sun and Wind energy has been depleted or destroyed you can still fill up with Shell Anti Matter.
    Now with more scrubbing atoms!!!

3. biobeetle

biobeetle New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    I have rather funny story why I had to choose V instead of liftback. About a year ago, I was almost about to buy the liftback because I loved that stylish design. I just knew Toyota launched V a couple month ago in Canada once I stopped at the dealership, but I disliked the odd design of the V at the first glance (I completely don't know why I felt like this at the first time...). So, I told my family, "Please don't go there and do NOT even look at that wagon. I just hate that one".

But, something happened while my mom-in-law was getting off the liftback. She strongly bumped out her head against the rear door when she got off. Then she walked straight to the V and tried to take a seat with my wife. I've never seen their faces with the full of happiness. Then, they said, "No....No regular Prius...never...ever..." That's it! I had no choice to get a liftback. I just bought the V. That's my story. :)

Now, I am very happy with my V (I used to say 'PringV'). Interestingly, my PringV looks lovely these days, and I am almost about to join 600mi club soon. :)

bostonbruins8703, Chazz8 and PLSPUSH like this.
  4. blisterpeanuts

blisterpeanuts Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I was sold on the Prius line after driving a friend's 2003 Prius from Phoenix to Durango and back; it got 50 mpg the entire time and was just an amazing experience.

This spring we were retiring our faithful but sputtering '99 Forester and we wanted a similar size vehicle. The Outback got great ratings, but it didn't impress me too much on the test drive, nor did the Rav4. The V was the most high tech of any car I've driven and although its cargo area doesn't match the Forester/Outback/Rav4, I found it acceptable for my needs (family man and part time musician, need to lug lots of gear on long trips).

I usually get 50+ mpg in our V Two, so I feel pretty good about the "compromise" versus the Prius C which is a sweet little car. When our '97 Corolla finally dies I'm hoping to replace it with a C.

5. jonb505

jonb505 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    I had a similar experience to biobeetle, difference being I am single so the deciding factor was myself alone. I do carry friends/family around sometimes though so I made sure to try the back seats out in both cars as well. I initially wrote off the v as being too big, and I assumed much more expensive than the liftback. So I was debating on what trim level of liftback to get.
    Then for kicks I decided to sit in the v in the showroom. I instantly fell in love with the room and comfort. Tried the backseat and was surprised with all the legroom and tons of headroom. Basically I was sold on the v even before a road test, and of course after the road test it was a given I was gonna buy a v. Another pleasant surprise seeing how similarly equipped as the liftback the price difference is peanuts.
    I love mountain biking and love how I can put my medium size Rocky Mountain Slayer in the back without taking off the wheels!
    I have recently had some buyers remorse and felt I didn't really need the extra space and should try to trade my v for a liftback. In the past weeks though things have changed dramatically and I've started a cleaning business which means hauling around cleaning stuff including a large floor scrubber machine, wet/dry vac, mop bucket, ladder, etc which fits nicely in the back of my v wagon. :)

bostonbruins8703 likes this.